SQL Database Engineer
Company: REI Systems
Posted on: January 16, 2020
At REI Systems, our work makes a difference in the lives of
millions of people every day. Do you want the opportunity to
contribute, grow and learn every day* We re looking to hire
individuals who are enthusiastic and eager to contribute to driving
results that matter whether you are developing code for a
public-facing web site or ensuring that our latest deployment is
Do you enjoy working with amazing people* If you are solution
oriented, thrive in a fast paced, agile environment then come work
for a company that's top ranked in Washington Post Top
"REI Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer
* Technical focal point for all issues relating to Microsoft SQL/
MySQL Database Management Systems (DBMS) in coordination with other
* Install, configure, provision, operate and administer database
management systems and their related software as well as backend
storage server and hardware platforms.
* Perform capacity and performance trending, conduct predictive
analysis and provide capacity reports to Capacity Manager on a
* Design, install, monitor, maintain and performance tune
production databases while ensuring high levels of data
* Provide support to the development and implementation of database
policies and procedures to ensure the integrity and availability of
databases including software updates.
* Provide technical expertise in support of the design of complex
physical data models that describe the structure for data storage,
data indexing, data manipulation, and data retrieval
* Work with system owners and project managers to develop and
implement complex querying and report solutions. Share concepts and
techniques as well as foster and encourage sharing of
* Communicate regularly with the development team, business and
operations teams to ensure the security and confidentiality of
data. Responsible for the availability, reliability and integrity
of business data stored in production databases.
* Ensure that new database code meets standards for readability,
reliability, and performance.
* This individual advises developers on the most efficient database
designs (tables, datatypes, stored procedures, functions, etc).
Other similar professional duties maybe assigned as needed.
Advanced experience in database monitoring, troubleshooting,
performance tuning, and high availability strategies for SQL Server
2017, MySQL for on-premise (physical as well as VMWare
* Experience defining hardware requirements and storage capacity
planning for development, testing, QA and production for capacity
planning and performance.
* Advanced knowledge of SQL Server backup and recovery
* Advanced knowledge of SQL Server High Availability (HA) and
Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server
* Demonstrated ability to perform problem identification, analysis
and resolution on various DBMS (MS SQL, MySQL). Experience in
managing 24/7 high availability production DBMS.
* Ability to design, develop, and document technical solutions,
standard operating procedures and change requests.
* Ability to administer Linux/Windows server based operating
systems and CLI w/ scripting.
* Experience with capacity planning, utilization, and performance
monitoring (Index, Table, Queries and Stored procedures). Data
modeling skills for enterprise data warehouses and data marts.
* Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (Database Administration)
* Must possess the ability to clear Public Trust.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Engineer and a minimum of 3
years related technical experience required.
Keywords: REI Systems, Sterling , SQL Database Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Sterling, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!