Technical Trainer II - Sterling
Posted on: July 3, 2019
Peraton is seeking to fill a critical role for a Technical Trainer
in our Sterling, VA office. In this role, the Trainer provides
training and deployment support on Consular computer systems,
hardware & software on-site for designated customer and staff
members. Position covers a variety of tasks for end users including
on-site training and systems support.
What you'll do...
- Work independently and within small teams to develop, organize
and deliver technical training and related materials in support of
customers and/or company employees.
- Work with customer and functional organizations to establish
training content and objectives.
- Prepare training plans from onsite data mining and workflow
- Ensure training material reflects current product features and
instruct participants in both classroom lectures and at desk
- Conduct software training on Consular applications to client
end user. Conduct technical training on Consular systems deployment
procedures to client technical staff.
- Have excellent professional oral and written communication
skills with customers, vendors and coworkers.
- You'd be a great fit if...
- You have a Bachelor's degree or equivalent technical training,
with 6 years of experience in technical training and support on
computer systems, hardware and software. Experience may be
substituted for educational requirements, and education may be
substituted for years of experience.
- You are experienced in delivering software applications
training to end users on in a classroom and/or one-on-one
- You have experience with developing training documentation
(lesson plans, procedures, reports, etc.)
- Familiar in delivering technical systems (hardware and
software) training to end users on in a classroom and/or one-on-one
- Experience with Microsoft operating systems (Windows 7) and
MS-office suite (Office 2010)
- Local and long distance travel will be required. Travel will be
to State Department and vendor/contractor facilities in the
Washington DC area, Domestic US cities (primarily CONUS and Hawaii)
and U.S. Overseas Foreign Posts. Solo travel to remote and/or
dangerous overseas locations is a possibility
- Experience delivering technical training via remote training
tools such as Adobe Connect and Adobe Captivate
- Strong oral presentation and training skills to deliver
training topics effectively to a user base that encompasses widely
What you'll get...
-- An immediately-vested 401(K) with employer matching
-- Rapid PTO accrual schedule with floating holidays
-- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
-- Tuition assistance, financing, and refinancing
-- Paid maternity and paternity leave
-- Company-paid infertility treatments
-- Cross-training and professional development opportunities
-- The ability to i nfluence major initiatives
- This position requires the candidate to have an active Secret
Are you ready to join the next-generation of national security?
Peraton is a fresh name in the industry with an established
portfolio and legacy going back more than a century. We work
differently than our peers - with agility, the freedom to innovate,
an entrepreneurial spirit and a culture of responsibility. As part
of the Peraton team, you'll be part of our movement to build a
great company, solve the most daunting challenges facing mankind
today, to protect and promote freedom around the world, and to
secure our future, for our families, our communities, our nation,
and our way of life.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We
consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age,
national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran
status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or
membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local
Keywords: Peraton, Sterling , Technical Trainer II - Sterling, Human Resources , Sterling, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!