B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group is a subsidiary of the
largest private real estate company in the Washington, D.C. area,
and has been in operation for over 130 years. The Hospitality Group
operates a portfolio of more than 20 business class hotels with top
brands from Intercontinental Hotel Groups, Marriott International,
Hilton, and Best Western Hotels: along with The Watermark Hotel,
The Hay-Adams Hotel, and Perch Putt. These properties are operated
by a team of more than 1,000 enthusiastic hospitality
This position is responsible for preparing and cooking food items
in accordance with Holiday Inn brand high quality standards.
Provides support to other cooks and enforces compliance with health
regulations. Helps ensure achievement of overall financial results,
guest satisfaction and positive team member relations.
- Food Quality and Production: Accountable to ensure highest level
of food quality and production to standards. Responsible for daily
line checks, ongoing audits of consistency and quality, and follow
up as necessary. Recognizes opportunities for improvement, and
implements the necessary changes. Develops standard operating
procedures to maximize quality. Ensures food preparation and
delivery standards are met for banquet events and all outlets
including restaurant, room service, concierge, and a la carte
- Presentation / Menu Changes: Ensures outstanding presentation
through use records and photographs, and monitors that plate set
ups meet the photo-record standards. Knowledge of menu changes, use
records, and photographs.
- Cost Control: Follows Holiday Inn procurement guidelines and
applies good business judgment, controlling food cost while
maximizing food and beverage revenue. Manages and maintains company
assets to stay within budget guidelines and prolong the life of
- Guest Service: Accountable for guest satisfaction by ensuring
food and beverage standards are met. Identifies and addresses guest
concerns in a timely and efficient manner. Works side by side with
kitchen staff to model appropriate operational standards including
adhering to ticket times while maintaining high food quality.
- Safety/Risk Management: Leads by example with food safety
standards and food storage. Maintain quality food, beverage and
kitchen/restaurant standards per Holiday Inn brand, local, state
and federal regulations. Ensures a clean and safe work environment,
and follows all Holiday Inn procedures for guest/team member's
- Self/Workload Management: Responsible for effective self/workload
management. Demonstrates clear written and verbal communication
skills. Promotes collaboration and positive, professional work
environment. Adheres to all Holiday Inn Standard Operating
Procedures.Required Skills and Experience:
-REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED required.
- College and/or culinary degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of progressive cook or kitchen experience required.
- Must be detail oriented, have the ability to communicate well
with all levels within and outside the organization, and be able to
problem-solve with team members.
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced
- Physical Requirements:
- Ability to lift, push, and pull up to 50 pounds on a regular
basis throughout shift.
- Requires ability to work extended hours based on business needs,
with physically demanding responsibilities such as walking,
standing, carrying, and lifting throughout the shift.
- Prefer 2 or more years as a cook in a restaurant or hotel of
similar size and reputation for outstanding service. EEO AA
B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group is proud to be an equal
opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring diverse
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled