B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group is a subsidiary of the
largest private real estate company in the Washington, D.C. area,
and has been in operation for over 130 years. The Hospitality Group
operates a portfolio of more than 20 business class hotels with top
brands from Intercontinental Hotel Groups, Marriott International,
Hilton, and Best Western Hotels: along with The Watermark Hotel,
The Hay-Adams Hotel, and Perch Putt. These properties are operated
by a team of more than 1,000 enthusiastic hospitality
Join the amazing team at the Holiday Inn Dulles! This position is
responsible for serving food and beverages to guests in a friendly,
courteous, and professional manner. Adheres to all health
regulations and local liquor laws. According to function
specifications, sets up, maintains, and takes down banquet rooms
after service/event has concluded. Ensures exceptional guest
service and creates an inviting atmosphere. Follows Holiday Inn and
brand standards of quality to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Guest Service: Anticipates and responds to guests in a friendly,
positive and timely manner. Provides the highest quality service to
guests using proper serving techniques. Works as a team player in
meeting guests needs, and actively contributes to the efforts of
other departments when necessary. Understands and follows Holiday
Inn guest service recovery program.
- Serving Duties: Listens attentively, follows serving direction
from banquet captain and event planner, and uses proper serving
techniques. According to function specifications, sets up,
maintains, and takes down banquet rooms after service/event has
concluded. Busses trays in a timely manner, and keeps banquet area
and meeting rooms neat, clean and presentable. Adheres to all
health regulations, keeping and local liquor laws.
- Helps control expenses: Responsible for proper use of all banquet
collateral and equipment. Adheres to cost controls to reduce
expenses and waste.
- Works Safely: Dispenses/serves food and beverages and maintains a
clean and safe work area in accordance with Holiday Inn, local,
state, and federal regulations. Follows all Holiday Inn procedures
for guest/associate incidents. Knowledgeable of hotel emergency
- Self/Workload Management: Produces required volume of work by
planning, organizing and prioritizing work duties. Adheres to
Holiday Inn attendance policy, grooming/appearance standards,
general work rules and department procedures. Attends all required
department and hotel meetings.
- Works collaboratively with all others: Assists bartenders and
works as a team player to ensure all guest needs are met. Works as
a team player to ensure all guest needs are met. Completes all
assigned duties within or outside the normal scope of
- Side Work/Other Duties: Completes all required side work, and
takes initiative to assist wherever necessary. Actively contributes
to the success of the guest experience. Required Skills and
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent experience required.
- TIPS or CARE beverage service certification desired, or the
ability to obtain certification is required.
- Must have one or more years of previous guest service
- Must have demonstrated exemplary customer service, attention to
detail, and ability to perform job duties in a repetitious and fast
- Must have the ability to speak, understand, and write English in
order to meet guest's needs.
- Ability to lift, push and pull up to 50 pounds on a regular basis
throughout shift, and up to 75 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Requires ability to complete physically demanding
responsibilities such as walking, standing, carrying, and moving
about the property continuously throughout the shift.
- Prefer one or more years of previous serving experience in a
banquet environment. EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disabled
B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group is proud to be an equal
opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring diverse
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled