B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group is a subsidiary of the
largest private real estate company in the Washington, D.C. area,
and has been in operation for over 130 years. The Hospitality Group
operates a portfolio of more than 20 business class hotels with top
brands from Intercontinental Hotel Groups, Marriott International,
Hilton, and Best Western Hotels: along with The Watermark Hotel,
The Hay-Adams Hotel, and Perch Putt. These properties are operated
by a team of more than 1,000 enthusiastic hospitality
This position as a Area Conference Services Manager is responsible
for ensuring overall effective operations of all meetings,
including adherence to all health regulations and liquor laws. Uses
leadership skills to drive revenue, maximize profit, and ensure
quality. Accountable for management of assigned staff to ensure
achievement of overall financial results, guest satisfaction, and
positive team member relations. Hybrid schedule will be available 2
days a week after your first 60 days of employment.
-Turnover: Upon turnover, send email to client with introduction
and booking link if applicable as well as date you will be
contacting them to start detailing.
- Review File to understand cut off dates, and details of program,
if any questions reach out to the Sales/Catering Manager to
- Detail BEO's for all upcoming meetings / events (except single
time social) as needed
- Attain Guarantees and final payment as needed
- Complete all diagrams as needed Rooms/ GROUP RESUME:
- Monitor cutoff dates
- Enter rooming lists once received (designated hotels)
- Send updated confirmation numbers to the client once received
- Group Resume
- Full Service & Select Service
- Complete Group Resume with all details pertinent to the incoming
group, reviewed by the DOS then distributed to operations team
- Enter Group/Wholesalers/3rd party/LNR/Comp reservations as needed
(designated hotels) Billing
- Tour and Travel Groups
- Sent charges based on rooming lists and catering to accounting
prior to arrival for advance billing Admin
- Phone Coverage
- Distribute phone leads to appropriate manager
- Banquet Check Distribution (for the time being while F&B
remains without Delphi access)
- IHG/Hilton/Marriott Rewards for groups
- Entering Group Pick upRequired Skills and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- College degree or equivalent experience required. Serve Safe,
TIPS or CARE beverage service certification or the ability to
obtain certification is required.
- 2+ years of progressive conference center experience required,
with a minimum of one year supervisory/management experience.
- Must have the ability to communicate well with all levels within
and outside the organization, and be able to problem-solve with
team members and guests.
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced
- Ability to lift, push and pull up to 50 pounds on a regular basis
- Ability to lift, transport, and connect a keg weighing up to 150
pounds an occasional basis with assistance.
- Requires ability to work extended hours based on business needs,
with physically demanding responsibilities such as walking,
standing, carrying, and lifting throughout the extended shift.
- Prefer 2+ years of supervisory/management experience in a hotel
setting of similar brand or distinction.
- Prefer experience with venue of similar size, volume, and
reputation for focus on guest satisfaction. Basic knowledge of
culinary operation, restaurant, conference center and beverage
service. EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disabled
B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group is proud to be an equal
opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring diverse
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled