B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group is a subsidiary of the
largest private real estate company in the Washington, D.C. area,
and has been in operation for over 130 years. The Hospitality Group
operates a portfolio of more than 20 business class hotels with top
brands from Intercontinental Hotel Groups, Marriott International,
Hilton, and Best Western Hotels: along with The Watermark Hotel,
The Hay-Adams Hotel, and Perch Putt. These properties are operated
by a team of more than 1,000 enthusiastic hospitality
This position is responsible for preparing and serving beverages to
guests in a friendly, courteous, and professional manner. Adheres
to all health regulations and local liquor laws. According to
function specifications, sets up, maintains, and takes down bar
after service/event has concluded. Ensures exceptional guest
service and creates an inviting bar atmosphere. Follows B. F. Saul
Company Hospitality Group and brand standards of quality to ensure
- Guest Service/Point of Sale: Greets all guests in a courteous and
friendly manner. Accurately and quickly takes, prepares and
delivers beverage orders according to standards. Responds to guests
needs and provides the highest level of quality service.
Effectively operates micros operating system and cash register.
Follows all B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group and brand cash
handling/POS procedures to ensure accurate closing of all guest
- Bartender Duties: Dispenses appropriate levels of alcohol;
prepares drinks to recipe and B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group
/brand standards. Responsible for proper use of all equipment and
adheres to cost controls to reduce expenses and waste. Consistently
checks guests' identification and monitors guest's consumption of
alcoholic beverages to ensure compliance with state and local
liquor laws. Assists other associates as needed to ensure guest
needs are met.
- Bussing/Cleaning: Responsible for disposal of garbage, picking up
trays, re-stocking barware, and clearing/wiping down bar. Transfers
dirty glassware to the dish room, and polishes clean glassware.
- Paperwork: Completes all required paperwork accurately and in a
timely manner. Completes beginning and end of shift inventory, and
other responsibilities as needed.
- Safety/Risk Management: Maintains a clean and safe work area, and
handles all beverage/food in compliance with B. F. Saul Company
Hospitality Group / brand, local, state and federal regulations.
Responsible for maintaining sanitation and cleanliness of the bar
and storeroom. Follow all B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group
/brand procedures for guest/associate incidents. Knowledgeable of
hotel emergency procedures.
- Self /Workload Management: Produces required volume of work by
planning, organizing and prioritizing work duties. Adheres to B. F.
Saul Company Hospitality Group /brand grooming and appearance
standards, and general work rules and department procedures.
Attends all required department and hotel meetings and adheres to
B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group attendance policy.
- Miscellaneous/Other Duties: Completes all required side work, and
takes initiative to jump in wherever necessary. Works as a team
player and actively contributes to the success of the guest
experience. Required Skills and Experience:
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent experience required.
- TIPS or CARE beverage service certification desired, or the
ability to obtain certification is required.
- Must have one or more years of previous bartending experience or
- Must have demonstrated exemplary customer service, attention to
detail, and ability to perform job duties in a repetitious and fast
- Must have the ability to speak, understand, and write English in
order to meet guest's needs and complete required paperwork.
- Ability to lift, push and pull up to 50 pounds on a regular basis
throughout shift, and up to 75 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Requires ability to complete physically demanding
responsibilities such as walking, standing, carrying, and moving
about the property continuously throughout the shift.
- Prefer one or more years of previous bartending experience and
B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group is proud to be an equal
opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring diverse
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled