B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group is the hospitality
subsidiary of the largest, private real estate and banking concern
located in the Washington, D.C. area. Utilizing time proven
investment principles, quality operations, focused management, and
a true commitment to our team members, the organization has built a
positive history of success that spans over 125+ years.
The Hospitality Group operates a portfolio of business class hotels
that are branded under agreements with Intercontinental Hotel
Groups, Marriott International, Leading Hotels of the World, Best
Western Hotels & Resorts and Hilton Hotels & Resorts. The
properties are fully owned by the B. F. Saul Organization, and we
employ a team of nearly 1,400 enthusiastic hospitality
This position is responsible for preparing and serving food and
beverages to guests in a friendly, courteous, and professional
manner. Adheres to all health regulations and local liquor laws.
Ensures exceptional guest service and creates an inviting
atmosphere. Follows B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group and brand
standards of quality to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Guest Service: Anticipates and responds to guests in a friendly,
positive and timely manner. Provides the highest quality service
and establishes appropriate rapport with all guests. Understands
and follows B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group guest service
recovery program, and suggests ideas and responds to feedback to
maximize guest satisfaction scores.
- Serving Duties: Listens attentively, takes orders accurately, and
uses proper serving techniques. Knowledgeable about specials and
promotions and actively up-sells menu items to maximize revenue
potential. Adheres to all health regulations and local liquor laws.
Follows all B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group cash handling/POS
- Side Work: Completes all required side work including but not
limited to: cleaning restaurant, server stations, coffee stations,
and coolers; vacuuming, trash removal, and stocking of
- Helps control expenses: Follows B. F. Saul Company Hospitality
Group procedures when handling cash and processing financial
transactions. Responsible for proper use of all equipment and
adheres to cost controls to reduce expenses and waste.
- Works Safely: Dispenses/serves food and beverages and maintains a
clean and safe work area in accordance with B. F. Saul Company
Hospitality Group, local, state, and federal regulations. Follows
all B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group procedures for
guest/associate incidents. Knowledgeable of hotel emergency
- Self/Workload Management: Produces required volume of work by
planning, organizing and prioritizing work duties. Adheres to B. F.
Saul Company Hospitality Group attendance policy,
grooming/appearance standards, general work rules and department
procedures. Attends all required department and hotel meetings.
- Works collaboratively with all others: Takes room service orders,
assists bartender, and works as a team player to ensure all guest
needs are met. Works as a team player in meeting guest needs, and
actively contributes to the efforts of other departments when
necessary. Completes all assigned duties within or outside the
normal scope of responsibilities. Required Skills and
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent experience required.
- TIPS or CARE beverage service certification desired, or the
ability to obtain certification is required.
- Must have one or more years of previous guest service
- Must have demonstrated exemplary customer service, attention to
detail, and ability to perform job duties in a repetitious and fast
- Must have the ability to speak, understand, and write English in
order to meet guest's needs.
- Ability to lift, push and pull up to 50 pounds on a regular basis
- Requires ability to complete physically demanding
responsibilities such as walking, standing, carrying, and lifting
continuously throughout the shift.
- Prefer one or more years of previous serving experience in a
fast-paced restaurant environment. EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disabled
B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group is proud to be an equal
opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring diverse
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled