Certified Pharmacy Technician
Company: Stone Springs Hospital Center
Posted on: July 3, 2019
Description SHIFT: Mixed (rotating weekends)
StoneSprings Hospital Center is a 124-bed acute care HCA Healthcare
facility in Loudoun County, VA, that opened in December 2015. We
provide a comprehensive range of medical services in a state of the
art facility. Whether you're a nurse, doctor, clinician or support
staff member, you'll have the chance to do challenging,
career-enhancing work, while benefiting from the work/life balance
made possible in a community setting. You'll enjoy an abundance of
opportunities to grow and thrive in an atmosphere where you're
valued as an individual, provided opportunities for growth, treated
fairly and given a voice in decision making.
We are currently seeking a--Full Time--Certified Pharmacy
Technician. Under the supervision of the Lead Pharmacy Technician
and/or Licensed Pharmacist, the Pharmacy Technician assists in the
various activities of the pharmacy department. Such duties include,
but need not be limited to:
- Maintaining patient records.
- Setting up, packaging, and labeling medication doses.
- Filling and dispensing routine orders for stock supplies of
- Refilling and inventorying automated dispensing machines,
maintaining inventories of medication supplies.
- Mixing medications with parenteral fluids.
- Processing medication orders or prescriptions, accurately and
safely compounds medications and/or IV admixtures in acceptable
dosage forms, appropriately packages and dispenses pre-manufactured
- Uses appropriate techniques for storage, preparation, and
dispensing of medicinal agents and follows the health system---s
policies regarding cart fill, unit dose distribution, medication
preparation and labeling, controlled substances reconciliation, and
ensuring that EMT boxes and medications for crash carts are
stocked, checked, and ready to be dispensed.
- Assist in delivery of medications/requisitions to nursing
stations and other hospital departments.
- Performs other duties as assigned or scheduled.Qualifications
- Completion of a Pharmacy Technician Program (required)
- Associate's Degree (preferred)LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION:
- Pharmacy Technician Certification--upon employment or within 90
days of employment (required)
- CPhT National Certification (preferred)EXPERIENCE:
- 1 year of Pharmacy Technician experience in a hospital setting,
including sterile compounding duties (required)
- 2 years or more of Pharmacy Technician experience in a hospital
setting, including sterile compounding duties (preferred)HOURS:
- Full Time
- Mixed Shifts (8 hour shifts)
- Weekend & Holiday requirementsWe are an equal opportunity
employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not
discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran
status, or disability status.
At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the
nation's first hospital companies. Today, we are the nation's
leading provider of healthcare services, a company comprised of
locally managed facilities that includes about 165 hospitals and
115 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and England and
employing approximately 204,000 people. Approximately four to five
percent of all inpatient care delivered in the country today is
provided by HCA facilities. Milton Johnson serves as Chairman and
Chief Executive Officer of HCA.
Keywords: Stone Springs Hospital Center, Sterling , Certified Pharmacy Technician, Healthcare , Sterling, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!