Physician Practice Team Lead
Company: Inova Health System
Posted on: January 18, 2023
As a Physician Practice Team Lead, you will assist Imaging
leadership to promote effective and efficient clinic operations. To
help achieve our mission, you will collaborate with the Director of
Outpatient Practices and/or Physician Practice Managers to
establish common standards. Your ability to assist with the
coordination of coverage and work flow to ensure smooth operations
within the practice while serving as a leader for front office
administrative processes and procedures is of vital importance.
Collaborating and supporting the processing of regulatory
compliance to include credentialing of professional/licensed staff,
compliance with Medicare regulations and all payer regulations is
required. Your ability to participate in the Revenue Cycle
management processes of the practice is expected.
* Leads practice staff in a professional and competent manner.
Motivates, mentors, counsels and serves as an example to staff to
promote efficiency, enhance morale, retain competent staff and
provide a positive working environment within the practice.
* Screens and conducts initial staff interviews per management
* Provides effective communication linkages through
telecommunications and/or internet based technologies to ensure
patient access, service and operational coordination.
* Completes assignments and projects within deadlines and with
minimal supervision. Displays attention to detail, uses reasoning
skills and demonstrates an organized approach to produce quality
* Partners with related departments such as Physician Billing,
Patient Financial Services and Medical Records to identify
opportunities for financial improvement.
* Optimizes operations by assessing and managing the practice
infrastructure per Imaging (IMG) and practice guidelines in
collaboration and per direction of IMG leadership.
* Provides new team members with process orientation and software
* Demonstrates appropriate troubleshooting/problem resolution
skills related to practice processes and workflow. Ensures that
offices are appropriately staffed by working in conjunction with
the Director of Outpatient Practice and/or Physician Practice
Manager in the areas of recruitment, hiring, orientation,
discipline and evaluation of all office staff.
* Tracks and monitors team member time/attendance and approves time
* Monitors patient volumes, patient access and level of patient
services to ensure patient satisfaction. Collaborates and supports
the processing of regulatory compliance to include credentialing of
professional/licensed staff, compliance with Medicare regulations
and all payer regulations.
* Ensures 100 percent compliance with government and contract
regulations. Completes all necessary compliance training annually
to include training over system-wide compliance policies and
* Ensures regulatory compliance with federal and/or state
authorities as well as any external governing authority.
* Enforces safeguards against fraud and abuse. Obtains and
maintains records of credentials for professional/licensed
* Oversees and monitors performance of front end Revenue Cycle
functions (i.e. insurance verification, registration, co-pay
collection and charge entry) to ensure compliance with sound
accounting practices. Participates in strategic planning, cost
reduction and revenue enhancement activities.
* Organizes clinic operations to maximize efficiency and
effectiveness of operations. Minimizes/manages patient wait times
while monitoring physician productivity levels.
High School or GED
2 years patient access.
Keywords: Inova Health System, Sterling , Physician Practice Team Lead, Healthcare , Sterling, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!