Certified Nursing Assistant
Company: Assisting Hands
Posted on: September 18, 2022
Description: This position provides custodial and personal care
services to clients that contract with Assisting Hands for services
under the direction of a Registered Nurse (RN) and in compliance
with the Plan of Care designated by the RN.Education: High School
Diploma/GED required; Current Nursing Assistant Certification with
the Board of Nursing in good standingQualifications: Individual
must have successfully completed and provide evidence of formal
training and certification as a Nursing Assistant per state law and
regulation. One (1) year experience in the home or long-term care
setting is preferred.Reports to: Director of NursingPrimary
- Maintaining a clean, safe, and healthy environment within
client's residence. Duties may include light cleaning and
straightening of the bathroom, straightening the sleeping and
living areas, washing client's dishes or laundry, and other tasks
to maintain cleanliness and safety for the client.
- The performance of all personal care activities contained in a
written Plan of Care detailed by the agency's Director of Nursing
which may include assisting the client with personal hygiene,
ambulation and exercise, eating, dressing, shaving, physical
transfer, and other duties as assigned.
- Providing nutritional support as needed.
- Reporting changes in the client's condition.
- Other activities as taught and overseen periodically by a
Registered Nurse for a specific client and are restricted to the
- Assisting with the use of devices for aid to daily living such
as a wheelchair, walker, or hoyer lift;
- Assisting with prescribed range of motion exercises;
- Teaching household routine and skills to well members of the
- Measuring intake and output of fluids;
- Measuring and recording temperature, pulse, respiration or
- Keeping records of personal health care activities;
- Observing appearance and gross behavioral changes in the client
and reporting to the Registered Nurse.
- Assisting the client with the self-administration of
medication, limited to the following tasks:
- Taking the medication in its previously dispensed, properly
labeled container, from where it is stored and bringing it to the
- In the presence of the client, reading the label, opening the
container, removing a prescribed amount of medication from the
container, and closing the container.
- Placing an oral dosage in the client's hand or placing the
dosage in another container and helping the client by lifting the
container to his or her mouth.
- Returning the medication container to proper storage.
- Keeping a record of when a client receives assistance with
self-administration of medication.
- The CNA may also provide the following assistance with
self-administered medication, as needed by the client:
- Preparing necessary items such as juice, water, cups, or spoons
to assist the client in the self-administration of medication;
- Opening and closing the medication container or tearing the
foil of prepackaged medications;
- Assisting the client in the self-administration process.
Examples of such assistance include the steadying of the arm, hand,
or other parts of the client's body so as to allow the
self-administration of medication;
- Abides by the agency's infection control policies, including
proper hand washing techniques consistent with CDC Guidelines.
- Abides by all policies and procedures outlined in the agency's
Policy and Procedure Manual, Caregiver Handbook, and Caregiver
Training Manual.Hours: Dependent on assignment; Shifts available 24
hours a day, 7 days per week and based on availability. Assisting
Hands does not guarantee hours.FLSA Status: Non-exempt,
hourlyAssisting Hands Home Care prides itself on offering
compassionate, dependable home care to their clients across the US.
Their unparalleled reputation of quality home care covers a broad
spectrum of services ranging from aging care for the elderly,
post-surgery care, transitional care from a hospital or rehab, to
post maternity care for those mothers who need care after the birth
of their child.Aside from the company's mission for quality home
care and passion for the value of family, one of the other reasons
that Assisting Hands has provided such exceptional care to their
clients is due to their high standards for hiring.According to the
company's Vice President, Gail Stout, Assisting Hands Home Care
believes that the caregivers are the face of the company. "Our
agencies hire caregivers that first and foremost align with our
company's core values." Gail went on to explain that their agencies
do a complete interview process of each hiring candidate. "We look
for the three most important qualities in our caregivers which is
professionalism, empathy, and strong communication skills."
Additionally, the agencies do a comprehensive background screening,
training and verification of skill competency. "Each AHHC agency
has a robust pool of caregivers but we are always looking to hire
additional caregivers that meet our guidelines and criteria for
caring for our clients," Gail said.According to some of the
agencies' caregivers, Assisting Hands motivates their employees to
give the best care possible. "They treat their caregivers with very
high standards," said Fatima L. She went on to say that the company
strives to provide quality care to their clients for all their
individual needs. "Because of this quality care it makes a great
difference to all elderly clients and their families."Some of the
other comments made by various Assisting Hands caregivers are "I
applaud this company for the high standards and ethics that I have
witnessed..." - Julie J."I have worked for home care companies in
the past and none of them are at all like Assisting Hands Home
Care. I feel like a genuinely valued employee." Kelsey L."What I
have experienced since working at AHHC is that the company truly
cares about its clients just as well as its employees. They are
always willing to help and go the extra mile to meet everyone's
needs." LaEasha G.Assisting Hands Home Care and their employees
believe that there is value to offering dependable care and
compassion to those in need which is witnessed on a daily basis by
both the staff and the clients. No matter what service is being
provided, from light housekeeping and making meals to helping with
bathing and grooming needs, caring for others with dignity and
dedication is paramount to Assisting Hands Home Care which is
reflected in AHHC caregivers.
Keywords: Assisting Hands, Sterling , Certified Nursing Assistant, Healthcare , Sterling, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!