Inbound Operations Supervisor, Secret Government Clearance Required
Company: General Dynamics Information Technology
Posted on: January 15, 2020
- Inbound Operations Supervisor, Secret Government Clearance
Required Job Locations USA-VA-Sterling Job ID 2019-66799 Number of
Positions 1 Job Function Supply Chain Management Security Clearance
Level Secret Full/Part Time Full Time Job Description GDIT is
seeking a talented operations professional to support missions of
the U.S. Department of State (DOS), Bureau of Diplomatic Security
(DS), and Countermeasures Directorate (DS/C), under the Global
Security Engineering and Supply Chain (GSE&SC) contract. A
leader in global supply chain management services, GDIT will
provide these world-class supply chain services and solutions in a
fast paced environment, comparable to commercial 3PL industry
Supervises and directs distribution center Warehouse Technicians
(Techs) for outbound operations.
The Inbound Supervisor is responsible for first-line management and
overall performance of the Inbound operational processes. This
position is responsible for preparing and planning strategies to
meet the departments daily, weekly, and monthly goals. This
position is also responsible for meeting Customer Service Level
Agreement (SLA) levels for the processes under his/her supervision.
Responsibilities also include coaching and managing associates to
high performance standards and recognizing individual and team
success. The Warehouse Supervisor works in concert with the senior
management team in the pursuit of operational excellence and the
facilitys all-around success.
- Inbound operational responsibilities include supervising the
daily work and safety of Warehouse Techs engaged in order
selection, product replenishment, and shipment loading.
Responsibilities also include conducting order selection, shipping
and loading audits daily.
- Conducts audits daily ensuring all required documentation is
accurately completed and that material is handled and stored
correctly with a minimum potential for loss.
- Achieve performance goals and objectives in the areas of
productivity, accuracy and expense control, as depicted by the
- Make appropriate improvements to department processes and
- Participate with the distribution center managers in the hiring
of skilled Warehouse Techs.
- Develop individual associates skills, standards and morale
through training and coaching.
- Direct, support and delegate tasks as appropriate to an
individual Warehouse Techs skill level.
- Give consistent and thorough feedback to Warehouse Techs,
conduct timely Performance Appraisals, and deliver disciplinary
action if necessary.
- Understand and effectively communicate company policies to
ensure compliance and consistent administration.
- Read, understand and analyze daily, weekly, and monthly
operational reports; use these reports to evaluate departments
- Compute figures to accurately plan/adjust headcount to meet
- Foster communication and teamwork among staff to ensure
accomplishment of operational goals.
- Develop and execute daily and weekly action plans to meet
department and distribution center performance expectations.
- Understand and use Warehousing/Distribution technology (i.e.
WMS where appropriate, hardware and software components) and
maintain control of department functions and procedures.
- Represent the Warehouse/GDIT in a professional manner,
promoting GDIT policies and programs and approaching challenges in
a positive manner.
- Understand all safety procedures; ensure safe work practices
are followed and maintain a safe work environment.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Education Bachelor's Degree in Business Management or related
administrative discipline, or the equivalent combination of
education, professional training, or work/military experience.
Qualifications Minimum of two (2) years of work related experience
in a warehouse environment is required.
- Experience with supervising in an automated material handling
environment is preferred.
- Experience and working knowledge of warehouse systems,
processes and productivity standards (WMS, LMS, SPC - statistical
process control - and related ability to recognize, articulate and
address variances in processes).
- Computation/mathematical ability and reading comprehension of
technical/financial materials and reports.
- Knowledge of personal computer (PC) applications.
- Eagerness and ability to learn - absorb new information
- Initiative to work with minimal instruction and direction.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Positive associate relations skills; ability to direct, coach,
support, and delegate and maintain morale.
- Demonstrated responsibility, maturity and leadership
- Demonstrated analytical thinking and problem solving
- Possess a sense of urgency required to work in a deadline
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has
served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems
engineering, training and professional services to customers across
federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial
sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise
solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission
support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected
#GDITpriority Options Apply for this job onlineApplyShareEmail this
job to a friendRefer Sorry the Share function is not working
properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again
later. Share on your newsfeed! Need help finding the right job? We
can recommend jobs specifically for you! Click here to get started.
Keywords: General Dynamics Information Technology, Sterling , Inbound Operations Supervisor, Secret Government Clearance Required, Government & Protective Services , Sterling, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!