Construction Field Manager
Company: Quality Technology Services, LLC (QTS)
Posted on: June 15, 2019
The Construction Field Manager will work with the QTS development
team, helping to drive high levels of job site management and
assist with supervision of data center construction projects in the
field from pre-construction and post-construction activities, to
include permits and project closeouts. This role requires knowledge
of Data Centers or equivalent mission critical builds, general
construction practices and procedures, and the ability to
coordinate with multiple parties including general contractors,
architects and engineers, commissioning agents, and other
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES, other duties may be
- Managing the day-to-day field activities to ensure that the
project milestone dates and the overall schedule completion date is
- Review MOP requirements and manage the process for QTS
development during construction and CX.
- Develop meeting materials to include presentations and agendas,
as well as capturing notes to support follow-up and
- Create, optimize, and drive structured schedules and project
plan across projects and cross-functional teams
- Set and meet deadlines with quality deliverables, effectively
adapting and modifying plans based on changing data or
- Assist with coordination of Owner Furnished Contractor
Installed (OFCI) scopes of work, primarily to include equipment
supplied by QTS.
- Promote a safe environment.
- Manage the punch list and project closeout process to assure
- High School Diploma
- Seven or more years of experience working in the data center
industry (or equivalent industry) focusing on construction and
property development including remodeling
- Five or more years' experience with construction or development
- Superior people skills - must be able to work effectively with
multiple business groups including sales, engineering, legal and
finance, and with all levels of the organization from senior
executives to support staff.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Strong understanding of MEP (Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing)
trades is desired.
- Ten or more years of experience working in data center or
- Experience reading and interpreting blueprints and project
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent verbal and non-verbal communication skills
- Proficient using communication tools, such as email, internet,
and Microsoft products (e.g., Word, Excel, Office,
Keywords: Quality Technology Services, LLC (QTS), Sterling , Construction Field Manager, Executive , Sterling, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!