Posted on: May 19, 2019
Job Description Job Summary: IES is currently seeking an
experienced Project Manager (Low or High Voltage) for a large
project in Sterling, Virginia! This is a career position where you
will be working with a dynamic and growing company leading a team
of professionals. The Project Manager is the overall manager for
assigned project. The Project Manager ensures that all contracted
work is developed, implemented, installed and managed in accordance
with the Company's requirements, including but not limited to,
safety, quality, management and financial performance requirements.
All aspects of the assigned project(s) must be carried out as
efficiently as possible with respect to staffing, materials
management, financial management, customer care and customer
delivery goals. Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Project Manager will recruit, hire, train, manage,
supervise, promote, discipline and discharge, if necessary, all
project related staff. Effectively manage all human resource issues
(and escalate as needed) per Company policies and procedures.
Complete recommendations for project related employees' performance
ratings, promotions and pay changes. Provide guidance and mentoring
to meet all customer and Company goals and objectives.
- The Project Manager will manage the workload distribution and
monitor the customer delivery and job installation progress.
- The Project Manager will plan for, manage, monitor and maintain
project profitability to achieve Company goals.
- The Project Manager reviews all job cost postings for accuracy
and completeness, including but not limited to, the preparation of
invoices, customer collections and periodic financial reporting to
the customer and management.
- The Project Manager will manage all related quality and safety
issues on customer work.
- The Project Manager will participate in and/or facilitate the
- The Project Manager acts as the Company liaison for interface
with customer representative(s).
- The Project Manager will create, develop and implement account
- Other responsibilities as assigned. Qualifications Physical and
- The Project Manager must be self-motivated, positive in
approach, professional and lead others to create, develop and
implement project process improvement(s).
- Must promote the Company culture and mission to all employees,
vendors, clients and business partners.
- Must have proven problem solving skills, critical thinking
skills and the ability to effectively read, write and give oral
- Must have proven high skill level to interpret blueprints and
other project documents, including but not limited to,
specifications, reporting and quality requirements.
- Must able to travel within branch territory and/or regional
territory as needed.
- Must have the ability to learn Company and customer project
- Must be able to secure and maintain a Company sponsored
American Express Card.
- Must be able to use the following trade Tools: punch tool with
110 block and 66 block blade, 6/8 position combo crimp tool,
Krone/3M/BIX, butt set, volt-ohmmeter, 4-pair continuity tester and
5-gang punch tool. Education, Certification, License, and Skill
- Must possess at least a High School diploma or GED equivalency;
Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- RCDD certification preferred.
- Must have experience in customer interface, such as liaison
between the customer and the Company.
- Must possess a minimum of five (5) years of supervisory or
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years of experience in
telecommunications or a related technical or construction
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and MS
- Must meet Company minimum driving standards.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks/projects
- Must have demonstrated verifiable ability to define a project,
create a project scope of work, develop detailed associated tasks
and manage these to final completion and customer turnover. Minimum
Years of Experience 6+ License Required No Minimum Education High
School Overview IES is a national provider of industrial products
and infrastructure services to a variety of end markets, including
electrical, mechanical and communications contracting solutions for
the commercial, industrial, residential and renewable energy
markets. IES is publicly traded on NASDAQ under the symbol IESC. As
of the end of IES's 2018 fiscal year ending September 30, 2018, IES
produced over $876.8 million in revenue and employed over 4,500
employees at over 79 domestic locations across the United States.
From office buildings to wind farms, industrial complexes to
housing developments, our employees and design professionals
design, build, and maintain the systems that empower lives.
- Our commitment to our employees is reflected by our
- Safety is Priority One - and our record shows it
- Competitive Pay
- Company 401K plan with Employer Contribution Match
- Company Paid Time Off
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Choice of Medical Coverage including Prescription and Short
Term Disability Plans
- Choice of Dental and Vision Coverage
- Optional Long-term Disability, Critical Illness, Accident,
Legal and Pet Coverage
- Auto and Home Insurance Discount Programs EEO Statement PLEASE
NO AGENCY CALLS. NOTE TO ALL AGENCIES: Any unsolicited agency
resumes or agency represented candidates that are presented to any
IES employee without first having a signed contract between that
agency and the IES Talent Acquisition organization will become the
property of IES and no fees will be paid. EEO & Affirmative Action
The IES policy on equal employment opportunity prohibits
discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin,
sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, individuals with
disabilities, protected veterans, or any other protected status or
characteristic. This policy applies to recruiting, hiring,
transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation, benefits, and
all other terms and conditions of employment, and also states that
retaliation against any employee who files a complaint regarding
possible violations of this policy will not be tolerated. IES is
also committed to taking affirmative steps to promote the
employment of minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and
protected veterans. IES develops affirmative action programs to
support its commitment to equal employment opportunity, consistent
with company policy and the company's obligations as a contractor
to the United States government. View Your Equal Employment
Opportunity rights under the law. "EEO is the Law" poster - "EEO is
the Law" poster supplement View IES' policy on Pay Transparency Pay
Transparency NonDiscrimination Poster Disability Accommodation IES
is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. IES provides
reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503
of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans'
Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 and Title I of the Americans
with Disabilities Act of 1990. Applicants who need accommodation in
the job application process should contact the IES corporate office
at or any IES office to request assistance. IES Participates in
E-Verify E-Verify Information English/Spanish Right to Work English
Keywords: IES, Sterling , Project Manager, Executive , Sterling, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!