General Manager - Dog Care Facility  Virginia
Company: ATR Arena Technical Resources
Posted on: September 20, 2023
Job Title: General Manager - Dog Care Facility
Job Location: Sterling/Ashburn, VA
Club-K9 is one of the largest dog care facilities in the DMV area
with over 50,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor fun for your
pet! We offer a variety of services which include daycare,
boarding, training, workouts, and grooming. We were tired of
daycares where our dogs would only have basic play areas and boring
walks. We wanted more than our dogs just sitting in crates all day
when boarded. So, the idea to create a country club for your furry
friends was born. We aren't just your typical canine facility. We
have more play space, indoor alone, than kennel space, an abundance
of activities for your dog to do, including pack walks, trail
paths, workouts, and more.
We are searching for a General Manager who will take ownership of
our day-to-day operations. Our GM will report directly to the
ownership group and will be involved in everything Club-K9. Below
you will find a breakdown of some of the duties and
responsibilities of this role.
Customer Service and Presentation of the Facility:
Customer Service is one of the main ingredients in providing an
experience that will have customers coming back and referring their
friends. We strive to provide a facility that is clean and safe for
your pets and our employees. As the General Manager, you are
responsible for Club-K9's facility and coaching team members on the
importance of every customer leaving with a smile, even our furry
- Providing a first impression through our front desk experience
that encourages customers to register their pets.
- Be a player/coach and set an example for our staff on how to
provide the best possible customer service to our customers and
- Maintain engagement with our staff and encourage them to go the
extra mile for our customers.
- Encourage our customers to provide feedback and reviews on our
service and facilities. Feedback is the way to improve and
providing feedback to our staff will allow them to focus on
specific areas of improvement.
- Ensure the safety and well-being of every pet and team member in
the store, taking immediate action whenever necessary.
- Inventory Management of cleaning, dog and first aid supplies.
- Maintains Club-K9's facility appearance to adhere to operational
standards and safety procedures. This includes maintaining and
updating cleaning schedules.
Financial, Management, and Administrative Duties and
- Meet or exceed goals related to sales, profitability, and
- Monthly and/or quarterly reporting to include forecasting,
tracking, and ordering supplies, minimizing payroll, and actively
looking for new ways to maximize efficiency.
- Training staff on up selling and using methods such as dog
evaluations and marketing to increase revenue.
- Review of staffing plan to determine needs and coverage to allow
maximum efficiency and cost while maintaining a fully staffed
facility focused on the best experience for our customers.
- Identify underperforming metrics and develop strategies that
leverage Club-K9's programs, tools, and resources to improve and
grow the business.
- Work closely with the ownership group to identify ways to grow
the business and maintain profitability expectations.
- Build daily/weekly staffing schedule and training
- Ensures the proper health, appearance, welfare, and proper
handling of all animals.
- Recruit and train staff on Club-K9 processes and procedures
- Onboard all employees and insure each employee has the correct
amount of training and tools to succeed with Club-K9
Why work for Club-K9?
- A new facility opening in Fall of 2023, providing an opportunity
for you to build your staff.
- One of the largest pet care facilities in the DMV
- Ownership group that is searching for a long-term GM and will
offer incentives for performance and tenure.
- An opportunity to build a fun, dynamic, energetic team, and
- Paid Certification programs
- Competitive wages with incentives based on performance.
- Paid time off, medical benefits, and company incentives
- We offer our staff the opportunity to bring your best friend
(dog) to work with you.
Every day will be different, and you will be meeting a variety of
dogs that we care for. If you think this job would be a great fit
for you, we encourage you to apply. We look forward to speaking
with you and making you a part of our fun and caring pet care
Club-K9 is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be
discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national
origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status,
veteran status, medical condition, or any protected category
prohibited by local, state, or federal laws.
Keywords: ATR Arena Technical Resources, Sterling , General Manager - Dog Care Facility  Virginia, Executive , Sterling, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!