Assistant Project Manager (Plumbing)
Company: Cornerstone Recruiting
Posted on: March 15, 2023
We are currently seeking an Assistant Project Manager for a
well-established plumbing contractor in the Northern Virginia area.
The assistant project manager assists in the day-to-day management
of plumbing construction projects. Provides support to the project
management team in many areas related to construction projects.
- Facilitates writing purchase orders and change orders, creates
submittals, and manages a submittal log.
- Assist with housekeeping of other essential project documents
such as engineered drawings, contracts, permits, COIs, lien
waivers, and more.
- Supports team with filing and tracking documentation and
project resources safely, effectively, and accurately.
- Responsible for meeting assigned applied time metrics.
- Works closely with accounting in project billing, cost
tracking, budget, and payables.
- Evaluates area safety needs/requirements to provide feedback
- Supports the project manager with preparation for on-site
installations and repairs by working with the team to examine
building layout, anticipate difficulties, gather materials, and
coordinate on-site work as necessary.
- Eases quality of work by reviewing the field work. Supports
quality assurance for job efficiency and readiness.
- Communicates directly with Team Leaders on job status,
progression, and any potential delays.
- Coordinates with project management weekly plans that outline
labor schedule and materials needed.
- Assist in the coordination of material deliveries to the job
- Prepare and maintain accurate records, logs, and
- Coordinate labor needs with subcontractors as needed for the
duration of projects.
- Must have a strong focus of customer service to maintain and
develop business relationships.
- The assistant project manager is focused on learning all skills
and knowledge to one day manage their own projects.
- Minimum of two years of proven work experience in project
coordination and/or professional office work.
- Must have at least a high school diploma. Some college
- Familiarity of method, equipment and tools used in the plumbing
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings.
- Must be versatile with industry software such as: Procore,
BlueBeam, Revue, Revit, AutoCAD.
- Ability to accurately measure. Ability to multitask.
- Able to understand and manage job budgets and deadlines.
Interested candidates may apply by sending an updated resume to
Keywords: Cornerstone Recruiting, Sterling , Assistant Project Manager (Plumbing), Executive , Sterling, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...