ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER - Sterling, VA
Company: Giant Food
Posted on: September 25, 2022
Giant Food is now hiring Assistant Store Managers
for our stores in Sterling, VA and surrounding areas.
EXPERIENCED BIG BOX SUPERMARKET MANAGERS AND ASSISTANT MANAGERS ARE
ENCOURAGED TO APPLYWe are looking for proven leaders with an
entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for customer service and
driving sales to join our management team.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
Overall management responsibilities for the day to day total store
operation including customer service, training and development of
all store associates, labor management, cash and inventory control,
asset protection, shrink, store conditions, and performance
- Plan, implement, and follow-up on weekly sales programs.
- Manage, control, and track store payroll and budget.
- Execute strategic plan through active engagement of store
associates and department managers.
- Conduct store tours to evaluate store conditions and react
- Manage total store hiring process and personnel/time and
attendance procedureMake a difference, enjoy your work, and lead
the way at Giant!
Careers Giant (giantfood.com)
- Store management experience and/or Assistant Store Management
experience, including experience in a perishable, grocery, and/or
big box retail store, is strongly preferred.
- Must have experience managing people, multi-departments, and
- Must be able to demonstrate proficiency with scheduling, retail
front-end/office management, ordering, inventory management,
payroll administration, P&L analysis, project management, and
human resource management.
- Must be willing/able to work required retail hours, travel and
take assignment throughout the Greater Baltimore area.
- Business related Bachelor's Degree preferred, but not
- Knowledge of employment law, interviewing techniques and
procedures, and general retail hiring practices.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, leadership/team
building and organizational skills.
- Must be willing to comply with all Giant Food policies, and
We offer a very competitive comprehensive benefit package to our
management associates including excellent starting pay with credit
for experience; regularly scheduled wage increases, company paid
medical, dental, vision, and prescription plans; paid vacations and
holidays; tuition reimbursement programs; 401(K) savings plan with
company contributions/match; manager reward and recognition
program. All management positions are bonus eligible! TEAMWORK,
QUALITY PRODUCTS, AND EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE MAKE US THE MARKET
OUR ASSOCIATES MAKE US GIANT.
Keywords: Giant Food, Sterling , ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER - Sterling, VA, Executive , Sterling, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!