Director Finance (Dulles VA)
Company: Mohawk Industries
Posted on: June 20, 2022
Are you looking for more?At Mohawk Industries, we're committed
to more - more customer solutions, more process improvements, more
sustainable manufacturing and more opportunities for our team.As a
Fortune 500, global flooring leader with some of the best-known
brands in the industry, Mohawk is a great place to start or develop
your career with an emphasis on more of what's important to you.
Whether you want to lead more, innovate more, learn more or create
more, you can find your more with Mohawk.We are looking for a
Director of Finance to join our senior management team. The
Director of Finance will directly manage the finance and accounting
team. This position will be responsible for managing all finance
and accounting activities for the Company and will ensure
compliance with accepted accounting and reporting standards. The
Director of Finance will have responsibility for key administrative
functions including inventory management, credit & collections,
human resource management, and systems support. As a member of the
Senior Management Team, the Director of Finance will support the
development and implementation of strategic actions to achieve our
business objectives.Major Functions
- Direct and oversee all aspects of the finance and accounting
functions of the Company including management of the
- Manage the process to provide accurate and timely financial
reporting for both internal and external customers.
- Manage the monthly accounting close and reporting process.
- Cash management. Includes forecasting, managing the cash
collection process, and managing the Company's AR file.
- Manage the Company bank accounts and required
- Manage the state sales tax payment and reporting process and
ensure full compliance with all state tax requirements.
- Manage the commission payment and reporting process for the
sales team. This includes commissions related to US sales as well
as commissions related to direct sales from our Italian
- Manage the customer and product line performance reporting
processes to measure sales performance by the customer and by key
- Manage the process for planning and forecasting. This includes
preparing annual plans as well as periodic outlooks and
- Perform required ad hoc reporting and analysis as
- Provide overall management of the ERP systems (Sage 100 plus
others) to ensure the system is accurately recording all business
transactions. This includes responsibility for maintaining the
accuracy of the general ledger.
- Manage inventory to maximize sales opportunities while reducing
inventory levels and required investments. Includes demand
forecasting, the overall purchasing process, inventory count cycles
and required reserve amounts.
- Manage the overall payable process to ensure all bills are paid
in a timely manner.
- In conjunction with the Mohawk Human Resource team, manage the
Human Resource function including payroll support.
- Manage IT and ERP systems.
- Ensure all key financial processes will successfully meet
external review and audit standards.
- Provide guidance and support to other members of the team to
ensure effective operations of the business.
- Identify and implement process improvement opportunities to
streamline our key financial processes and improve overall access
to financial data across the organization.
- Act as primary interface with a financial staff of Mohawk
Industries and other Mohawk subsidiaries.
- Act as primary interface outside CPA to meet all data and
- As a key member of the senior management team, provide
leadership and guidance to support the achievement of strategic
objectives.Experience & Skills Required
- Bachelor's degree in finance and/or accounting.
- CPA and/or MBA are strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- 10 years of financial management experience with 5 years of
experience in a senior financial role.
- Strong financial background including a full understanding of
P&L, Balance Sheet, and cash flow reporting.
- Experience managing the financial reporting cycle and the
accounting close process.
- Strong analytical and planning skills.
- Knowledge of sales and income tax reporting requirements.
- Experience managing a staff of accounting and finance
- Experience managing an ERP system. Sage 100 experience is
- Must be highly computer literate. Ability to manage business
applications and accounting software.
- Expert knowledge of Excel, pivot tables, and other applicable
financial reporting tools. Able to extract and manipulate data from
various database sources.
- Must be detail-oriented.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with a
wide range of people. Including senior management, peers,
customers, sales representatives, employees, and many others.
- Must be a team player with a positive attitude.What ElseThis
role is located in Dulles, VA.Mohawk Industries is a leading global
flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential
and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk's vertically
integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide
competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic
tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our
industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies
that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all
remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among
the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean,
Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home,
Pergo, and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has
transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into
the world's largest flooring company with operations in Australia,
Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand,
Russia and the United States.Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal
Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran committed to an
inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don't Work participant.
Keywords: Mohawk Industries, Sterling , Director Finance (Dulles VA), Executive , Sterling, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!