DoD Financial Management Senior Consultant
Posted on: June 16, 2022
Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to
the public sector and commercial markets, with broad capabilities
in management, technology, and risk consulting. By combining our
public and private sector expertise, we help clients address their
most complex challenges and navigate significant regulatory
pressures focusing on transformational change, business resiliency,
and technology-driven innovation. Across a range of advisory,
consulting, outsourcing, and digital services, we create scalable,
innovative solutions that help our clients outwit complexity and
position them for future growth and success. The company has more
than 12,000 professionals in over 50 locations globally. Guidehouse
is a Veritas Capital portfolio company, led by seasoned
professionals with proven and diverse expertise in traditional and
emerging technologies, markets, and agenda-setting issues driving
national and global economies. For more information, please visit
The DoD Financial Management Senior Consultant helps clients
optimize all elements of their finance organization, including
operating model design, sustainable cost reduction, financial
planning and analysis, management reporting, financial systems
architecture, and full-scale finance transformation.
- Support key leadership meetings by preparing briefing
materials, participating in discussion, documenting major
decisions, and capturing and tracking action items.
- Provide strategic guidance and technical assistance for audit
preparation and remediation efforts (e.g., develop integrated
enterprise strategies; develop, implement, and validate corrective
- Monitor and provide feedback on audit remediation efforts/plans
executed by various organizations.
- Provide communication support for internal/external briefings,
requests for information, etc.
- Support ad hoc requests such as researching topical
accounting/auditing issues, developing and reviewing position
papers, providing integration support, etc.
- Develop/evaluate/update/maintain/monitor risk registers,
trackers, master schedules, and similar work products.
- Interim Secret
Minimum Education/ Certification
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited United States college or
university in Business, Accounting or Finance
- Must have a minimum of 7 years of full-time (excluding
internships) experience within the past 10 years of progressive
experience providing accounting services to the Federal Government
agencies or Fortune 500 companies. Experience may include audit
readiness, audit remediation, and financial statement audit.
- Experience in providing audit readiness or audit remediation
support, or performing financial statement audits, within the
- Demonstrates knowledge of federal accounting and auditing
standards and guidance in relation to:
- Federal financial statement auditing
- Internal controls
- Audit liaison
- Financial reporting
- Financial business process reengineering
- Data analyticsDesired
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) licensed by a State licensing
- Experience with DoD and/or the Department of the Navy.
- Demonstrates abilities and success with identifying and
addressing client needs: actively participating in client
discussions and meetings; communicating a broad range of Firm
services; preparing concise, accurate documents.
- Experience in developing written communications in a variety of
different formats that include but are not limited to PowerPoint
presentations, position or whitepapers, outlines, and speaker
- Demonstrates abilities and success with analyzing detailed
finance and accounting processes to identify control gaps and
improvement opportunities, facilitating audit requests and planning
and performing tests of controls and balances.
The successful candidate must not be subject to employment
restrictions from a former employer (such as a non-compete) that
would prevent the candidate from performing the job
responsibilities as described.
About GuidehouseGuidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity /
Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status,
protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental
disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual
orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic
information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of
applicable law or ordinance including the Fair Chance Ordinance of
Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment
opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an
accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at
1-571-633-1711 or via email at
RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide
will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent
required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from
search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be
considered the property of Guidehouse and Guidehouse will not be
obligated to pay a placement fee.
Rewards and BenefitsGuidehouse offers a comprehensive, total
rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a
flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating
a diverse and supportive workplace.
- Medical, Rx, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Personal and Family Sick Time & Company Paid Holidays
- Position may be eligible for a discretionary variable incentive
- Parental Leave and Adoption Assistance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Basic Life & Supplemental Life
- Health Savings Account, Dental/Vision & Dependent Care Flexible
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement, Personal Development & Learning
- Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
- Emergency Back-Up Childcare Program
Keywords: Guidehouse, Sterling , DoD Financial Management Senior Consultant, Executive , Sterling, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!