Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Posted on: January 15, 2022
We are looking for a Senior Manager with a passion for all things
Data Engineering that has the wisdom and know-how to build a truly
world-class scalable solution. The right candidate is a hands-on,
passionate, results-oriented, inventive technical thinker that will
own, define, build, and integrate scalable fault tolerant
environments, tools, and processes. They should be well versed in
software development & delivery for large scale enterprise
distributed services, thrive in a fast-paced environment, be eager
to take on new responsibilities, and have a track record of
delivering high quality, mission-critical systems.
As the Sr. Manager of Data Engineering, on our Enterprise Data
Services-Business Solutions team, you will manage a talented and
nimble group of data engineers. The focus will be one initially of
streamlining processes on our Enterprise Data Platform and enabling
business partners to enhance their solutions with minimal friction
while ensuring system stability. Successful candidates will be
obsessed with operational excellence and will be strong leaders who
can prioritize well, communicate clearly, and have a consistent
track record of improving efficiency of both teams and
This position will report directly to the Sr. Director of
Enterprise Data Services Business Solutions and have a focus on
Enterprise Data Warehouse and Tooling.
- Be a hands-on technical addition to the data engineering team
responsible for solutions in the Enterprise Data Platform that meet
organization data, analytics and reporting needs.
- Collaborate with development teams and business partners to
define Data Engineering vision, operational needs, and
- Work with peers and management to derive technical
requirements, set priorities, and to consistently improve developer
experience, process efficiency and analytics process performance
while providing a highly available product.
- Provide strategic direction and continuously improve a delivery
pipeline for multi-site development teams including source code
repository, build solutions, continuous integration/delivery, test
frameworks, packaging/container and deployment tools
- Influence processes to facilitate quality and uptime delivery
of systems and solutions including collaborating with teams on code
base integrity, validation rules, branch/merge processes, and
adherence to security and compliance requirements
- Create a culture of fast and iterative technical assessment,
implementation, and refinement / replacement. Not tied to any one
solution, always identifying opportunities at new and better way to
solving old problems.
- Influence the team's technical and business strategy by making
insightful contributions to the team's priorities and approach.
Make a significant contribution to strategic planning
- Actively mentor junior software engineers and provide
continuous training to more experienced engineers, improving their
skills, knowledge of our systems, and their ability to get things
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to generate and
communicate meaningful development metrics, discover true
requirements, and influence others.
- Customer focused mindset, prioritizing developer productivity
and business priority with a proven ability to lead and grow
- Experienced software or data engineer with focus on data
integration including but not limited to Java, Scala, Python and
ETL Tools such as Informatica and Talend.
- Experience mentoring engineering teams and working in a
- Knowledge and Experience in programming language (Java, Scala,
- Knowledge and Experience with modern cloud-based data
products/tools (Databricks, Iceberg, Hudi, Spark, Airflow, Presto,
Redshift, EMR, etc.) AWS experience preferred
- Experience with data security requirements (HIPPA, CCPA,
- Experienced in full life cycle implementations and managing
complex and concurrent project engagements on time and within
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Has built and run a Development multi-site team
- Experience developing, deploying, and maintaining CICD Delivery
- Experience managing teams to deploy extensive database and data
warehouse functions to public (AWS, Azure, etc.) and private
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct research into issues and products as
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language and
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a
Keywords: Asurion, Sterling , Senior Manager, Software Engineering, Executive , Sterling, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!