Program Planning Manager 2 - Secret Clearance (Dulles, VA)
Company: Northrop Grumman
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile
products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has
opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space
exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting
multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a
culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining
Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and
protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the
future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems has an opening for a Program
Planning Manager 2 to join our team of qualified, diverse
individuals. This position will be located in Dulles, VA.
As a manager of a professional Business Unit (BU) scheduling team,
the selected candidate must demonstrate mastery of the scheduling
discipline as well as the leadership qualities necessary to foster
collaboration among team members and the programs they support. In
this position, the manager must understand the detailed
responsibilities of their team, manage and drive top performance
through employee and customer engagement. The focus will be on
mission success, through enrichment of the employee experience
through mentoring, training, and encouragement.
In this role, the selected candidate will be expected to perform
and provide oversight, training and support in the following
- Ensure major projects, program schedules and plans are
horizontally and vertically integrated across company functional
groups including finance, engineering, material, manufacturing, and
- Track plans and schedules, perform risk analysis, identifies
and resolves critical path and network logic conflicts.
- Utilize Gantt, PERT, milestone charts, earned value management
and other project management techniques to assess progress and
identify performance variances to facilitate focus and intervention
on critical areas.
- Prepare, develop and coordinate the Integrated Master Schedule
(IMS) to meet all program objectives.
- Ensure schedule products are compliant with latest Government,
Corporate and Sector requirements.
- Implement scheduling best practices as prescribed by industry
to include, but not limited to: IPMR DI-MGMT-81861, Earned Value
Management System (EVMS), Critical Path Analysis, Schedule Risk
Analysis (SRA), Schedule Performance Analytics and Schedule Health
Analysis (DCMA 14-Point/DECM Metrics).
- Drive change management and ensure adoption and acceptance of
change (i.e. analytics, process, innovative efficiencies).
- Manage and develop a team of Operating Unit (OU) Managers and
program schedule analysts; hold performance reviews; mentor and
coach team members.
- Conduct/organize new hire schedule analyst training, as well as
ongoing/ recurrent training of existing employees as required.
- Support business development efforts including proposal
preparation and schedule creation/analysis.
- Manage programs to evaluate and execute multiple priorities
against ambitious timelines
- Advise business managers in integrating project schedules with
Earned Value Management
- Demonstrate problem solving and decision making requiring
excellent communication skills To learn more about our hiring
process for manager positions, please view our "Selecting the Best
Qualified Managers" video:
- Bachelor's degree and 5 years of relevant experience in program
scheduling Or, in lieu of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience
in program scheduling.
- 2 years of experience leading a team, either as a lead, program
manager, functional manager, or matrix manager.
- Proficient with MS Project
- Experience with EVMS program planning and scheduling following
government best practice guidelines
- Audit analysis experience with Integrated Master Schedules
- Must have a Secret clearance
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret clearance and
SCI Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor's/Master's degree in applicable discipline
- Familiarity with the NDIA's Planning and Scheduling Excellence
- Strong audit analysis experience with Integrated Master
- Top Secret clearance
- PMP, PgMP, PMI-RMP, PMI,SP, PSP certifications
- Experience leading a team or ability to teach/train employees
in complex scheduling activities
- Experience in Aerospace and/or Defense programs and familiarity
with Integrated Program Management Report (IPMR).
- Experience with performing and interpreting Schedule Risk
Assessments (SRA). Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and
retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without
regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran
status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete
EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit
www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Sterling , Program Planning Manager 2 - Secret Clearance (Dulles, VA), Executive , Sterling, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!