Program Control Manager 2 - Top Secret
Company: Northrop Grumman
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile
products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has
opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space
exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting
multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a
culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining
Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and
protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the
future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is currently seeking experienced
Program Control Managers to join our team of qualified, diverse
individuals. The Program Control Manager is responsible for
supporting multi-disciplinary project teams to ensure successful
completion of highly complex, multi-year advanced technology
projects to their committed delivery dates within budgeted cost.
These positions will be located in our Dulles VA offices.
Roles and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the
- Providing a primary interface between Program Business
Operations and Program Management, including the Customer Program
- Employing Northrop Grumman system description compliant EVMS
practices to direct the establishment and maintenance of cost and
schedule baselines and forecasts that meet the program and company
requirements and are integrated with the program SOW, and other
program planning documents.
- Directing the development, implementation and execution of the
program business rhythm through training, coordination and
facilitation of CAMs, Finance and Program Planning personnel.
- Directing the execution of an earned value management system
compliant with Northrop Grumman internal system description
standards to include organizing the work, developing cost and
schedule baselines, updating forecasts, performing monthly
analysis, and managing scope change control.
- Supporting integrated program reporting and variance analysis
for explaining and interpreting impact of results against program
baseline plans/forecast and facilitate the tracking and
implementation of corrective/preventative actions.
- Presenting program EVMS status to project management as well as
internal management financial performance reviews.
- Leading the IPTs and CAMs in preparing for and participating in
Integrated Baseline Reviews and follow-up surveillance and
- Supporting proposal efforts and other duties as required. As a
full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are
eligible for our robust benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts This position's standard work schedule is a
9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day
Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions,
please view our "Selecting the Best Qualified Managers" video:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university.
- 7+ years of relevant experience in business/schedule
- 2+ years of experience in a lead or supervisory role.
- Experience with baseline planning and scheduling, forecasting
and estimating, and/or cost/schedule integration techniques,
including subcontractor integration.
- Experience in critical path analysis, program management
reports, risk management tracking and/or corrective action
- Must have an active and current Top Secret clearance. Preferred
- Industry standard accounting, project scheduling and cost
management software tools such as Cobra, Open Plan, MS Project,
Acumen, Costpoint, and/or Cognos.
- Integrated Baseline Review (IBR) training, preparation and
- Experience with Joint and/or Internal Surveillance Reviews
(JSR/ISR) and resulting Corrective Action Requests and Plans
- Supporting program surveillance reviews and oversight.
- Controlling major subcontractors with compliant earned value
systems requirements and Integrated Program Management Report
- Leadership of proposal and change activity with subsequent
integration into the PMB.
- Development and maintenance of process documentation.
- Program Management (PMP) and/or Earned Value Management
Certification (EVP). Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and
retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without
regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran
status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete
EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit
www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most
positions. Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage,
manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager,
relationship manager, task
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Sterling , Program Control Manager 2 - Top Secret, Executive , Sterling, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!