Director Of Activities / Life Enrichment / Lifestyle - Atria
Company: Atria Senior Living
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Overview What's the difference between a job and a meaningful,
rewarding career? The people you serve. When you work at Atria, you
have a front-row seat to the amazing life stories of the wisest
people on earth. What's more, you are part of an extraordinary
company - one that's investing in the future of senior living by
investing in you. Don't just do a job. Be part of an extraordinary
life. Atria is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing
equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, age,
national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status,
or any other classification protected by applicable law. Atria will
not tolerate harassment or discrimination based on any of these
protected classifications. Responsibilities Develops and implements
programs of interest and meaning to our residents in order to
enhance their lives and exceed their active aging lifestyle
expectations. Manages and supervises the Engage Life Program
Instructors (ELPI), volunteers, and drivers (where applicable).
- Manages the Atria Resident Discovery tool (ARD), including
completing Learn.Do.Try. (LDT) surveys, monthly event calendar, and
all move in actions related to Engage Life for all residents.
- Researches, evaluates, approves, develops and modifies
community events and programs, according to resident interests and
"8 Dimensions of Engagement".
- Prepares and publishes an engaging and creative monthly program
calendar which incorporates the communities' events and programs by
the 1st of every month (ex. December calendar due Nov 1).
- Manages all aspects of the Engage Life program.
- Engages and motivates residents resulting in program
- Contributes to community growth by participating in sales
- Engages in community public relations including collaboration
with corporate public relations and preparation of local positive
- Manages departmental needs and goals within department
- Recruits, researches, and approves schedules and supervises
programs leaders, general contractor entertainers, volunteers,
religious professionals and vendors.
- Responsibly manages and supervises all Active Aging and
Transportation personnel including scheduling, assignment,
direction, performance review (including input on pay adjustments),
hiring and corrective action consistent with company policy.
- Serves as the community's "manager-on-duty" on a regular
- Determine and manage community resident transportation
operation, including scheduling of outside events and similar
- May drive company vehicle from community to social and other
various destinations (only if required by community).
- Recruits, approves, trains and manages volunteers where
- May perform other duties as needed and/or assigned.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university;
one to two years related experience and/or training.
- Able to clearly present information through the spoken word.
Can accurately communicate, providing the necessary level of detail
even under stressful or demanding conditions. Ensures a positive
attitude and team orientation is exhibited in verbal and non-verbal
- Solid performance management skills, including the ability to
communicate performance expectations, document performance
conversations, coach and document performance issues and complete
performance management expectations as guided by the company.
- Demonstrated ability to use independent judgment and discretion
to make decisions designed to achieve company expectations and
goals for the community.
- Able to operate standard office equipment.
- Ability to effectively utilize technology including use of
computers, iPad/Tablet use, Word programming, internet access,
email, and social media.
- Position requires driving responsibilities (may use Company
provided vehicle and/or personal vehicle).
- Must possess valid driver's license.
- Must satisfactorily meet and be in compliance with Atria motor
vehicle policy standards. Activity Director, activities,
Recreation, Life Enrichment, Activities Director, Director of
Activities, Director of Life Enrichment, Activity Specialist,
Recreation Therapist, Recreation, Activities Coordinator,
Programming Director, Director of Recreation, Life Enrichment,
Reminiscence Director, Lifestyle Director, Recreation Therapy /
Therapist, NCAP, Adult Education, Director of Resident Services,
Fitness, Events, Outings, Life Enhancement, Adult Education,
Activity Planner, Community Organizer, Events Planner, Coach, Event
Coordinator, Program Director, Recreation Specialist, Director of
Entertainment, Seniors, Geriatric, Assisted Living, Senior Living,
Retirement, Development, Outings, Newsletter, Community, Drive,
Plan, Culture, Arts, Entertainment, Music, Residents, Birthdays,
Celebrate, Holidays Job Category: Senior Education/Recreation Atria
is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal
employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion,
sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, age, national
origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any
other classification protected by applicable law. Atria will not
tolerate harassment or discrimination based on any of these
protected classifications. Employment Acceptance Message: Atria
Retirement Canada has an accommodation process in place that
provides accommodations for employees with disabilities. If you
require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a
medical need, please contact Atria Human Resources at
email@example.com . This ensures that the
appropriate accommodations are in place before you begin your
Keywords: Atria Senior Living, Sterling , Director Of Activities / Life Enrichment / Lifestyle - Atria, Executive , Sterling, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!