Business Development Director
Company: REI Systems
Posted on: May 16, 2020
As a State and Local Business Development Director at REI Systems
you will drive, develop, and maintain new and existing client
relationships as well as work proactively to secure new business.
The Business Development Director will also be responsible for
strategy, implementation, and management of the entire business
development lifecycle. You will professionally represent REI during
presentations, briefings, and demonstrations. And you ll be able to
effectively position REI and present a strong value proposition to
* Track record of meeting or exceeding annual sales quotas and
demonstrated experience closing multi-year/multi-million dollar
product / services sales opportunities.
* Identify/qualify new business opportunities from across all State
and Local geographies and advance these opportunities to pursuit
* Ability to represent full capabilities of grants management
product by understanding both grants domain and customer needs.
* Qualify research, track and develop leads into viable business
opportunities without support from inside sales.
* Lead all phases of the BD lifecycle including opportunity
identification to bid decision to final submission.
* Support proposal writing and development as well as review.
* Ability to individually deliver product demonstrations without
support from technical sales resources.
* Provide subject matter expertise and have contacts who can
influence short and long-term revenue generation especially in the
State and Local government market.
* Well versed in selling IT products, preferably solutions that are
deployed on public cloud infrastructure such as Salesforce.com,
AWS, or Azure.
* Familiarity with solution areas such as Application Development,
Grants Management Systems, and Data Analytics also desired.
* Develops and nurtures senior management or executive-level
relationships with the customer.
Attend trade shows and conferences and effectively represent REI
Systems solutions and expertise. * Proven creativity in the
development, and deployment, of digital and traditional marketing
* 7+ years of progressively responsible experience with direct
hands-on experience in business development, account management and
program management roles with U.S. government agencies ideally
State and Local government.
* 5 years experience in an Account Executive/Business Development
role with product sales component.
* Active involvement in industry organizations such as NASCIO
* Able to communicate with multiples layers of with a government
organization, including Senior Leadership.
* Strong communication and presentation skills.
* Well organized, able to handle multiple tasks at once.
* Past customer relationships and experiences within target
accounts with State, Local, and US government agencies.
* Able to provide and develop an extensive personal network of
industry and government contacts.
* Tenacious and proficient at developing long term relationships
that grow year over year, always prepared to act as a consultant
and resource to customers, sees the opportunities in customers and
prospects, bases decisions on fact and intuition.
Bachelor s degree in business and management, information systems,
computer science, or another related field
Master s degree in related field may be substituted for three years
Employer will accept a suitable combination of education, training
About REI Systems
REI Systems is comprised of smart, creative, and dedicated teams
who make an impact on their customers' missions by delivering
innovative, progressive solutions. We are a 3-time Washington Post
Top Workplace winner, placing on the 2018 list for providing our
people with a stable and open-minded environment for growth and
enjoyment. Some of our top benefits include flexible working hours
so you can accommodate to your life schedule and a dedicated paid
professional development program including potentially unlimited
training hours and an onsite coach for professional and personal
guidance. If you want to excel in a fast-paced work environment
solving real-world challenges, apply to join today!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. REI
Systems is an E-Verify employer..
Keywords: REI Systems, Sterling , Business Development Director, Executive , Sterling, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!