Data Engineer (AWS) Intern
Posted on: September 11, 2019
Data Engineer (AWS) Intern
Asurion?s internship program is a 12-week internship to help rising
seniors get a sneak peek into the product and technology world.
Assigned to a team, interns will have their own projects to
complete and present to leadership at the end of the summer. The
program will provide the intern with a unique strategic
perspective, professional and personal development along the way,
and experiences to enhance their academic learnings. Our goal is to
allow for the intern to make contributions throughout the summer
through project work, presentations and networking. ? Asurion?s
- Open to rising seniors currently enrolled in undergrad pursuing
a degree related to internship duties or major below.
- Duration of internship is 12 weeks from May 18th ? August 7,
- Continuous learning and tailored on the job training in
- Exposure to senior leadership including but not limited to
onboarding, lunch and learn sessions, and team business case
- Build an intern community through peer intern groups, mentors,
direct intern leaders, senior leadership throughout the summer. ?
The Team ? Asurion?s Enterprise Data Services (EDS) team is
building an enterprise data platform (named ATLAS) leveraging the
latest and greatest data technologies available.? Built exclusively
in the AWS cloud, the ATLAS platform utilizes technologies such as
Informatica, Redshift, S3, Denodo, Spotfire, Presto and HIVE among
many others.? As THE enterprise data platform for Asurion, ATLAS
will serve a variety of data needs, spanning core functionality
like data cleansing, data standardization and KPI generation to
reach functionality such as data discovery, data visualization and
customer recommendation engines.? On a day to day basis, team
members are challenged to think creatively and leverage their data
experience to solve tough data and analytics problems in ways that
will scale to meet to the broad scope of the Asurion environment. ?
- Pursuing Bachelor?s Degree in Computer Science, Data Analytics,
Mathematics, Engineering or related field, with a graduation date
between August 2020 ? May 2021 Requirements: ?
- Good written and verbal communication skills and ability to
provide deliverables in time sensitive projects.
- Proficient in one or more data/programming language i.e.
SQL/Linux shell scripting/Python/Java/C#/C++
- Knowledge on designing and developing in data movement and
transformation using data integration tools.
- Knowledge/experience in some of the following preferred:
- Software Development & Analysis
- Java, Scala, Hive, Spark, HBase, Storm, Redshift, R, Kinesis,
S3, and EMR.
- Understanding and knowledge on ETL, data warehousing/data mart
- Knowledge and experience with machine learning
- Knowledge/experience in one or more of the following areas:
NoSQL technologies (Cassandra, HBase, DynamoDB), real-time
streaming (apache storm, apache spark), Big data batch processing
(Hive, SparkSQL), Cloud Technologies (Kinesis, S3, EMR)
- Shows a strong attention to development detail, produces
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills with excellent
verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have strong internal customer service skills, ability to
use tact and diplomacy, and to work effectively within a team
(positive, process oriented). ? Responsibilities:
- Develops effective, maintainable code in a timely fashion.
- Follows established coding standards and techniques, assists
with establishing standards.
- Develops proficiency in the application and use of systems,
tools, and processes within the department?s scope.
- Develops proficiency in the business processes that drive the
applications within the department?s scope.
- Develops a working knowledge of Asurion?s applications and
- Assists with the compilation of status notifications for
business stakeholders and Client Relations.
- Ensures code compiles with security policies and guidelines. ?
PRO01492 - Sterling - Virginia - US - 2019/09/06
Keywords: Asurion, Sterling , Data Engineer (AWS) Intern, Engineering , Sterling, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!