Principal Sales Engineer - Security Solutions
Posted on: August 10, 2019
Neustar, Inc. is a leading global information services provider
driving the connected world forward with trusted, holistic identity
resolution. More information is available at
Job Requisition:R-2584 Principal Sales Engineer - Security
Solutions (Open)Primary Location:STERLING - RT3Job Description:
Reporting to the Director of Solutions Engineering, Enterprise SEs
are expected to assist the sales organization in achieving quota by
providing pre-sales technical support with activities such as
requirements analysis; product and solution presentations over the
phone, online collaboration tools, or in person; RFP/RFI responses;
and solution design documentation.
Additionally, Senior Solutions Engineers provide technical guidance
to the sales team and provide input to other groups within Security
Services, such as Product Management, Marketing, Support and
Enterprise SEs must have excellent written and oral communication
skills. The ideal candidate will possess the ability to comprehend
business requirements and influence customer decisions based on
achievement of technical objectives. The ability to determine the
best strategy in selling to a customer based on the customer's
business vs. technical nature is a must.
So here's what a typical day (or month or year) in the life of an
Enterprise SE looks like:
- Establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the
sales lifecycle, with a focus on scoping solutions within the
existing technical capabilities while still delivering on and
enhancing the account strategy.
- Understand and anticipate customer goals and challenges and map
those back into Neustar Security product portfolio.
- Design innovative solutions to address these challenges, build
those solutions on our platform and present customized
demonstrations back to the customers.
- Be able to present Neustar's service capabilities to both
technical teams as well as business-oriented members within
customers/prospects, leveraging a consultative style in interactive
- Present Neustar technology infrastructure, including
demonstrating deep familiarity with hardware, software, networking
and security stack.
- Participate in the right training to acquire and maintain the
knowledge necessary to be effective.
- Contribute to the client acquisition and solution adoption
through articulate demonstrations and consultative solution
- Detail oriented with exemplary organization and communication
skills (written, verbal, white boarding and presentation) balanced
with equally strong listening, interpersonal and
- Attain quarterly and annual objectives that you will define
collaboratively with your manager.
- Function effectively in a fast-paced high-energy market segment
and successfully balance multiple projects in a team-selling
- Complete understanding of Internet addressing and routing
principles, including Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) and IP
- Comprehensive understanding of cybersecurity principles, tools
- Understanding of network architectures and topologies as well
as HTTP/HTTPS and other Internet protocols including their
- Comprehension of network architecture and various platforms
(Unix, Linux, Windows, Mac O/S, virtualization, various VOIP
- Knowledge of multi-tier network architectures and equipment
(switches, routers, caches, traffic distributors, firewalls).
- Advanced knowledge of web hosting infrastructures, including
web application servers, database architectures, APIs, and traffic
- Advanced understanding of public DNS design principles, DNS
platforms such as BIND, and the DNS protocol itself.
- Comprehension of web application design and technologies (e.g.
- Business Skills:
- Demonstrated ability to present to a customer's business pain
vs. technical pain.
- Ability to uncover and understand detailed customer
requirements and pain points through consultative active listening
and questioning approach.
- Proven ability to adapt approach to arrive at a creative
solution for the customer's needs and environment.
- Be the sales 'hat' of the account team that also has a deep
- Exemplary communication skills - oral and written - with
extensive presentation experience and proven track record of
effective collaboration with internal teams such as Product
Management, Engineering, Marketing.
- Pre-sales Professional Services consulting experience with
demonstrated ability to scope customer needs and effectively
present to PS team.
- 8+ years of experience as a pre-sales Solutions Engineer in the
cloud computing, network infrastructure or cybersecurity fields.
Prior DNS, DDoS Protection, IP Intelligence and Web Performance
experience preferred. Other equivalent fields considered such as
online commerce, web/application hosting, Internet security
- Bachelor's Degree with Computer Science or Information
Technology degree preferred.
- Relevant technical industry certifications, such as Security+,
Network+, CEH, CISSP desired.
- Highly motivated self-starter with strong initiative - ability
to work as part of a team to solve business and technical problems
in varied political environments.
- Proven Solutions Engineering (Pre-sales) experience, selling
into the world's largest enterprises and organizations.
- Proven understanding of the sales process.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio).
- Working knowledge of Salesforce.com a plus.
Neustar does not accept unsolicited resumes from external firms or
agencies. Neustar will not be responsible for placement fees
associated with unsolicited resumes.
Diversity, inclusion and teamwork are second nature to Neustar; and
these values permeate our entire business structure. Neustar is
committed to creating an environment where a wide spectrum of
opinions and beliefs are actively sought, listened to and
respected. Further, our talented workforce draws from the many
geographic areas and markets in which Neustar operates worldwide,
which represents a distinct competitive advantage. The rich and
varied personal and professional backgrounds of our employees make
Neustar a dynamic and rewarding company at which to build a career.
We invite you to join us.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability
Neustar, Inc. considers all applicants for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
disability, sexual orientation, or status as a Vietnam-era or
special disabled veteran in accordance with federal law and other
state and local requirements. Neustar, Inc., complies with
applicable state and local laws prohibiting discrimination in
employment and provides reasonable accommodation to qualified
individuals with disabilities in accordance with the American with
Disabilities Act (ADA) and applicable state and local laws.
Keywords: NeuStar, Sterling , Principal Sales Engineer - Security Solutions, Engineering , Sterling, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!