Security Research Engineer - Lead
Company: Harris Corporation
Posted on: December 26, 2018
Description: Job Title: Security Research Engineer - Lead Location: Dulles, VA Job Code: ES-28343 Job Description: Harris Corporation is currently seeking a Lead Security Research Engineer who has reverse engineering experience, to join our team. This individual will perform reverse engineering and vulnerability research tasks associated with vulnerability detection and manipulation of targeted systems. The work will be performed in our Dulles, VA office and at customer sites in Chantilly, VA and Herndon, VA. Responsibilities include:
- Improving code execution capabilities of existing vulnerabilities, using static and dynamic analysis techniques.
- Circumventing software security protection methods and techniques.
- Reverse engineering complex systems and protocols.
- Discovering specific protocol vulnerabilities.
- Creating detailed technical reports to document findings along with proof-of-concept code.
- Providing quick-reaction operational support Qualifications/Required Skills/Education:
- Bachelor's Degree and minimum 9 years of prior relevant experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 7 years of prior related experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in reverse engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with disassembly tools.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with vulnerability research.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with embedded devices.
- Must be a US Citizen, able to obtain a Top Secret Clearance. Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience with RISC architectures.
- Experience with cellular technologies
- Experience with operating system internals, especially security components and kernel-mode debugging tools, including solid knowledge of information security, malware, rootkits, software protection schemes and virtualization theory.
- Experience with system security and/or debugging experience in embedded environments.
- Experience writing custom IDA loaders, processor modules and other analysis plugins.
- Experience writing Hex-Rays decompiler plugins.
- Knowledge of fault injection frameworks, fuzzing and virtualization.
- Active Security Clearance. Security Clearance:
- Please be aware that this position requires the candidate to currently possess a Secret Security Clearance, or be able to obtain the clearance immediately. The candidate must also be eligible to obtain a TS/SCI clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. By submitting your r--sum-- for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your r--sum--, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions. Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law. Candidates will support Environment, Health and Safety by fulfilling the Harris EHS Policy, complying with Harris EHS programs and applicable regulations, and striving for continual EHS improvement
Location: USA - VA - Dulles
Activation Date: Friday, October 26, 2018
Expiration Date: Sunday, October 27, 2019
Keywords: Harris Corporation, Sterling , Security Research Engineer - Lead, Engineering , Sterling, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!