Field Application Engineer
Company: TTM Technologies
Posted on: December 7, 2018
The Field Application Engineer is responsible for Rigid & Rigid-Flex technology on emerging designs by providing field application engineering support to customers on PCB design rules, manufacturing technologies, and assembly. This position will interface with PCB & packaging design engineers in the early stages of the design process and provide feedback on routing and pad layout techniques, trade-off analysis of PCB layer stack-up, layer counts, signal integrity, material selection, surface finish, electrical and mechanical requirements based on clear understanding of the customers end product requirements (wireless technology platforms, reference designs, high reliability for aerospace & defense, ATE market, high speed computing, graphic video cards, backplanes and connector boards) while providing a cost effective solution to customers and designers for quick turn proto type PCB fabrication and applicability to high volume manufacturing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist Sales Department in the representation of the companys technology and products to customers
- Provide customers with technical support regarding the implementation of printed circuit boards
- Assist Sales in the quotation process supporting the evaluation of application and product performance
- Assist with field sales activities to include customer visits and presentations for purposes of enhancing sales
- Serve in project role to include transmission of information to customers
- Act as technical interface between Outside Sales Representatives and customers
- Expected travel is required
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong organizational, leadership, and decision-making skills
- Strong engineering background within the printed circuit board industry
- Ability to effectively respond to questions in written and oral communication
- Knowledge and understanding of industry products
- Able to work within tight time constraints and be able to effectively work with changing priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, along with interpersonal and presentation skills
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in engineering or related discipline preferred
- Seven years experience in engineering activities for PCB industry company
Must comply with TTM Export Control Policies and Procedures and all applicable laws including ITAR, EAR and OFAC including but not limited to: a) being able to identify ITAR product on the manufacturing floor and understand that access to these products and related technical data is restricted to only US Citizens and US Permanent Residents; b) recognition of Foreign Person visitors by badge differentiation.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Keywords: TTM Technologies, Sterling , Field Application Engineer, Engineering , Sterling, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!