Posted on: October 19, 2018
Monitoring Engineer Contract to Hire Dulles, VA
We are looking for a mid-level engineer, who will be responsible for building, managing, operating, and continuously improving Systems, Storage, Database, and/or Tools Infrastructure that support customer facing applications, back office, and provisioning infrastructure in a 24/7 environment.
If you feel that this describes you, keep reading and apply!
- Assisting internal customers with the development of synthetic scripts through VuGen and TruClient to be used in Micro Focus APM (Formerly HP BAC)
- Supporting the Micro Focus APM environment though deployments, upgrades, daily maintenance, documentation, and all other aspects of support.
- Support of other monitoring and APM applications and scripting is a plus
- Develops solutions for difficult-to-complex systems engineering problems, often without sufficient documentation readily available, and does so in a timely manner. Creates systems engineering documentation to be used by others to build and maintain systems.
- Operating Systems & Disk Management responsibilities: Analyzes log files for errors and takes corrective action. Proficient with at least two of Linux, Windows Server, HP-UX, Solaris, AIX. Troubleshoots operating system and application issues. Monitors and is responsible for performance and tuning of servers; applies policy for system security, software package, and patch management. Ability to setup logical volumes and RAID sets.
- Scripting and Development responsibilities: Develops software in 1-2 modern languages. Creates small-to-medium sized scripts (based on clear requirements and existing architecture/design) to automate common system/application functions such as monitoring, data analysis, or software deployment.
- Networking responsibilities: Installs and configures application software on servers following prescribed instructions. Understands basic layer-4/7 switch functionality and can help troubleshoot problems. Uses knowledge of networking and TCP/IP filtering to facilitate firewall and ACL requests. Correlate application-layer metrics and network device metrics, such as throughput, response time, congestion, dropped messages, queue depth measurement, and lost data.
- Application Technologies (Web Servers, J2EE, Applications Servers) responsibilities: Intimately familiar with Webservers (Apache, Tomcat, Etc.), APIs, Microservices and related technologies. Implements, maintains, scales and troubleshoots large systems with a high level of skill. Acts as authority on troubleshooting most application platforms and systems; acts as a resource to others in the areas of tracing, debugging, and data analysis. Fully capable of acting as architect of owned systems. Familiar with client SSL certificates and their use.
- Leads issue resolution activities, using knowledge of complex systems. Takes knowledge learned and applies to current systems, to prevent future occurrences.
- Possesses full understanding of how changes will adversely impact the subsystem and all of the products that use that subsystem. Monitors system health and quality on a daily basis and provides appropriate action. Collaborates with the Service desk/NOC to ensure full understanding of the alarms and remediation steps. Independently sets up metrics collections, advanced logging/filters.
- Utilizes time management and project management skills to resolve issues in a timely and organized manner, effectively communicating necessary information.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Micro Focus HPM
- Synthetic Monitoring
- Web based services (REST, SOAP)
Education Level: - Bachelors Degree or Equivalent Field of Study: - Engineering, Computer Science Years Experience: - Generally requires 5-7 years related experience
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. - provided by Dice Monitoring Engineer
Keywords: Brooksource, Sterling , Monitoring Engineer, Engineering , Sterling, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!