Heavy Diesel Mechanic at Loudoun County- First Group
Company: First Vehicle Services
Posted on: March 12, 2023
Save time and apply now using our quick application! First
Vehicle Services is now hiring a Diesel Mechanic for our shop
serving Loudoun County Fire!First things First: Who are we? First
Vehicle Services is a leading provider of diverse fleet management
and maintenance services in North America. Since 1981, First
Vehicle Services has provided efficient and cost-effective vehicle
management and maintenance services to governments, school
districts, petrochemical companies, transit agencies, airports,
universities, and private organizations throughout the United
States. Why join First as a Diesel Mechanic?
- $26 - $28.50 / hour based on experience and qualifications (NOT
- An additional $.10 per hour for each ASE certification you
possess or obtain
- Company-paid ASE testing and training materials
- Monday - Friday 7:30 am - 4:00 pm, full-time shift schedule,
and consistent, year-round work
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, & 401(k)
- 11 Paid holidays & vacation
- Annual allowances for boots and prescription safety
- State-of-the-art training programs
- Discounts on cell phone plans, cars, and more through the Perk
Spot program!About the Diesel Mechanic PositionAs a Diesel Mechanic
with First Vehicle Services, you will help maintain and repair fire
trucks, ambulances, and other equipment to ensure vehicle readiness
& safety. Other major job duties include:
- Assist with preventive maintenance (PMs), safety inspections,
and annual DOT maintenance inspections.
- Diagnose and perform all phases of vehicle and equipment
repair, including brakes, suspensions, drivetrains, &
- Ensure work orders are completed accurately.
- Assist with mobile emergency services.Diesel Mechanic
- Valid driver s license required; Willingness to obtain CDL
while employed We train!
- At least 1 year of automotive or diesel maintenance & repair
experience or technical school education
- Possess a mechanic s toolset
- Willingness to participate in the ASE certification program.
Training, testing, and bonuses are provided!
- Virginia State inspection license is highly preferred
- EVT Certification is a plus!
- Subject to DOT drug testing. DOT Regulation 49 CFR Part 40 does
not authorize the use of Schedule I drugs, including marijuana, for
any reason.Get your career on the road with First Vehicle Services!
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive
to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, or veteran status. First is also
committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates
applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California,
First will consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San
Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance
Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so
we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports
future growth for all. Associated topics: autocad, cae, bsme,
fluid, mechanical, motor, powertrain, propulsion, turbine,
Keywords: First Vehicle Services, Sterling , Heavy Diesel Mechanic at Loudoun County- First Group, Engineering , Sterling, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...