Senior Network Engineer - Dulles, VA or Tampa, FL
Company: DRS Global
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Job ID:102218The Leonardo DRS Global Enterprise Solutions
business delivers world-class mission-critical satellite
communications and security solutions with unmatched reliability
and support anywhere in the world.Job SummaryPosition Summary:
Location: Dulles, VA (or Tampa, FL)
Leonardo DRS GES is one of the lines of business of Leonardo DRS.
GES is largest provider of SATCOM based Information and
Communication Technology (ICT) solutions to the Federal Government.
The Senior Network Engineer/Operations Support Engineer will be
part of a matrixed Engineering and Technical Operations team.
The Operations Support Engineer's primary function will be to
provide (tier 2) level technical support to our customers on our
products and solutions. This person is expected to be a resource to
other staff members and handle complex/escalated service issues and
inquiries. The Operations Support Engineer should rely on extensive
experience and judgement to accomplish goals and perform the
essential functions of the job.Job ResponsibilitiesDuties and
Responsibilities:* Engineer and implement networks supporting
internal and external customer requirements.
* Troubleshoot complex information systems and/or information
* Provide escalation support for our Operations (GNOSC) with
troubleshooting basic engineering problems.
* Become a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the microwave backbone
physical and network layers.
* Perform routine, preventive, and emergency maintenance on
routers, switches, and firewalls comprising of our Global MPLS
* Work with circuit and colocation vendors for the Implementation
of new connectivity In support of business objectives.
* Monitor and support the information technology and systems
* Conduct proactive analysis of systems, identifying indicators of
performance degradation and addressing discoveries through
corrective action, systems improvement and/or training of Jr.
* Participate in engineering, customer and/or business
* Travel to remote locations in support of business objectives
* Perform configuration changes on information security appliances
(filters and firewalls) as directed.
* Participate in pre-sales activities such as the review,
generation, and evaluation of proposals (RFP/RFQ/RFI, SOW, SOO) and
Bill of Materials (BOM), providing wireless telecommunications
technical and strategic input and ensuring compliance prior to
submission; working with vendors to obtain quotes and negotiate
* Provide review and writing support on business proposal
* Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values
and culture of the organization
Job Responsibilities Part IIQualificationsBasic Qualifications*
Bachelor's degree in computer science or related technical field
and a minimum of 5 years applicable information systems experience
(or equivalent combination of education and experience)
* Knowledge of operating principles of wireless telecommunications
systems and knowledge in concepts, characteristics, capabilities,
and theoretical design of wireless telecommunications radio
* Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication
* Ability to work independently as well as cooperatively in a
* Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
with other IT professionals and end-users, and be able to present
briefings to executive staff.
* Ability to provide and maintain detailed documentation on each
project and customer network.
* Ability to work on multiple priorities and/or projects
simultaneously, routinely multitasking and reassigning
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Willingness and commitment to ongoing learning and
* JNCIS/JNCIP with 5 years of supporting a Juniper Networks based
network. Strong routing/switching experience
* Palo Alto Firewall experience
* Experience with ticketing systems
* Willingness to work outside business hours to support outages and
planned maintenance tasks.Additional Desirable Qualifications,
Skills and Knowledge
* Ability to obtain Secret Level Clearance
* Is open and responsive to change and demonstrates a commitment to
the process of continuous improvement by identifying and responding
actively and with sensitivity to the needs of all customers.
* Cisco CCNA/CCNP with 5 years of Cisco networking experience
helpful, not required
* Security+ or CISSP certification, highly desired
* Experience and knowledge with Microwave systems
* Experience and knowledge with VSAT/SCPC networking
* Automation/scripting skills#CA #CS #MMLeonardo DRS, Inc. and its
subsidiaries and affiliates are equal opportunity employers and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected
veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: DRS Global, Sterling , Senior Network Engineer - Dulles, VA or Tampa, FL, Engineering , Sterling, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!