Diesel Mechanic - Light/Heavy Duty
Company: JK Moving Services
Posted on: August 2, 2022
OverviewJK Moving is currently looking for an experienced Diesel
Technician to add to our maintenance dept with a focus on safety
and quality of work. In this role, you will perform repair and
maintenance procedures on trucks and trailers in accordance with
factory and industry standards, run diagnostics on vehicles and
work closely with other team members to meet company goals. This is
a great opportunity for a knowledgeable, hardworking Diesel
Technician to apply his or her skills in a company that offers a
competitive salary and comprehensive benefitsPay$18-35.00 an
- Completing diagnostics, repairs and rebuilds on heavy duty
trucks and trailers in a service workshop under limited
- Ability to carry out basic diagnostics utilizing the Cummins
and International service tools.
- Disassemble, clean and reassemble engine, transmission,
suspension and chassis components.
- Perform preventative maintenance on each unit while working
with the manager to forecast potential future repairs.
- Applying documented procedures to complete complex repairs,
including identifying and preparing required parts and tools.
- Completing required documentation, such as work orders, parts
requisition forms, time sheets, and service documentation via
handwritten forms or business system input screens.
- Must have strong work ethic, maintain an organized bay and take
pride in your workmanship.
- You will be expected to adhere to all our relevant Health,
Safety & Environmental policies, procedures and report any concerns
or incidents to your supervisor.
- Contribute to the company by helping to identify and
communicate opportunities for work process improvements.
- Ability to develop and maintain productive relationships with
- High school education
- Current driver's license
- Verifiable work experience in the Diesel/Automotive trade
- VA State inspection license (Preferred)
- Certifications from an accredited technical school
(Preferred)About As the largest independent mover in North America,
JK delivers superior relocation and logistics services to military
service members, government agencies, large corporations,
businesses and homeowners around the world---.and the list goes on!
JK actively seeks dedicated professionals ready to positively
impact domestic and global communities.As a SmartCEO 2016 Corporate
Culture Award winner, JK places high standards on the care of its
employees. From charitable giving to competitive compensation to
fun corporate events, JK invests in each employee's professional
and personal growth. This level of commitment sets JK apart from
other companies - why not consider joining JK Moving Services
today!JK BenefitsIn addition to comprehensive medical, dental, and
vision insurance, JK Moving offers:
- World-class retirement savings programs including
Company-funded profit sharing and safe harbor 401(k)
- Weekly pay structure
- Recruitment and customer referral bonuses
- Company-paid life insurance and accidental death benefits
- Voluntary protection programs for employees and their
- Service recognition programs
- Safety & performance bonuses
- Tuition reimbursement and student loan repayment
- Discounted membership @ Gold's Gyms (corporate locations)
- Global employee wellness programs and Employee Assistance
Program (EAP) for employees and their families
- Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Savings Account (HSA) with employer matching
contribution---Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Keywords: JK Moving Services, Sterling , Diesel Mechanic - Light/Heavy Duty, Engineering , Sterling, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!