Posted on: June 22, 2022
DescriptionJob Description:The Manufacturing Engineer reports to
the Production and Integration Manager, but works closely with
Engineering, Production, Quality Assurance, and Project Management
staff as part of the ME roles and responsibilities. Duties require
application of engineering & manufacturing principles, analysis,
and techniques. This position typically works under general
supervision and direction. Incumbents of this position will
regularly exercise discretionary and substantial decision-making
authority. Primary responsibilities include:Develop and maintain
Leidos build documentation and work instructions for various
electro-mechanical based products. Design and set up work flows for
optimized assembly. Work with the Engineering/Design Staff to
ensure all new products incorporate Design For Assembly (DFA)
features, and can be assembled with available staff and tooling.
Ensure Production staff are trained on proper tool usage, follow
manufacturing best practices, and have proficient understanding of
all production documentation. Resolve issues with assembly,
quality, and test documentation, adjudicate changes with the
engineering/quality staff and monitor engineering change order
progress for agreed-upon changes. Work with QA to ensure relevant
and actionable metrics are recorded and to establish quality
inspection points that are inserted into all work documentation.
Support investigations, critiques, and incident reports, including
CARS, to resolve issues, perform Root Cause Analysis (RCA), and
establish options for the best path forward. Support team efforts
towards continuous improvements activities, Lean Six Sigma, process
improvement, documentation updates, quality certifications and
maintenance (ISO, AS9100, etc.), and overall cost and efficiency
improvements.Primary ResponsibilitiesEssential Job Duties and
- Establishes manufacturing sequences, processes, and develops
required tooling and test fixtures for the completion of all
elements of deliverable program hardware.
- Provides on-going floor support and coordinates efforts in
producibility and continuous process and product improvement.
Subject Matter Expert in multiple process areas.
- Reviews and interprets engineering drawings, performance and
product specifications, electronic files, supplier component
specifications and applicable design information.
- Extracts and develops manufacturing concepts and methods that
will support customer and company requirements from electrical and
mechanical drawings and related engineering data that defines
multi-indentured assemblies and systems.
- Provides complex input in concurrent engineering design
activities to ensure producibility at the production phase of
- Determine critical processes on which to perform trend
analysis. Performs trend analysis on these processes to determine
compliance to contractual requirements and to improve the
manufacturing processes and capabilities.
- Supports the coordination of all elements of Program Material
Review Board (MRB) efforts to implement corrective and preventive
- Creates assembly execution instructions to load into our
Manufacturing Execution System (MES) or Build Assembly
documentation, and identifies opportunities for process
- Develops manufacturing processes that are subject to
statistical process control (SPC), and may develop those techniques
(leading towards Six Sigma).
- Applies lean manufacturing techniques to reduce cost and
- Collaborates with Engineering Department to implement Design
For Assembly (DFA) concepts, participates in engineering technical
reviews (as required), supports First Article production, and
develops the initial assembly work instructions for each new
- Provides guidance to engineering regarding design concepts and
specification requirements to best utilize equipment and
- Supports QA in Investigations of failures/defects, supports
root cause analysis and implements corrective actions to support
- Eight+ years of experience building electro-mechanical
assemblies in an ISO 9001 or AS9100 production environment.
- Management/leadership experience working with multiple
disciplines to achieve a common goal
- Experiencing setting up shop floors for varying production
models (cell, assembly line, etc.) for optimal efficiency
- Able to read and comprehend engineering drawings and Bills of
Materials and operational procedures
- Can produce assembly and test documentation for the assigned
products (with support from Engineering and QA)
- Experience in producibility engineering/ design engineering
(DFA) in an electro-mechanical environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Software
- Ability to qualify for a Security Clearance
- Requires BS and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or
Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience. Experience
will be considered in lieu of degree.Preferred Qualifications
- Four-year college degree in Industrial Technology, Industrial
Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or
other related discipline plus related experience listed above.
- Lean Six Sigma certification
- Experience with SharePoint
- Experience with Costpoint ERP
- CAD proficiency. Solidworks is a plusPay Range:Pay Range
$65,000.00 - $100,000.00 - $135,000.00The Leidos pay range for this
job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of
compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending
an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the
job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as
well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable
bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Keywords: Leidos, Sterling , Manufacturing Engineer, Engineering , Sterling, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!