Network Security Engineer Log Management - Ashburn VA
Posted on: May 10, 2022
When you join Verizon Verizon is one of the world's leading
providers of technology and communications services, transforming
the way we connect across the globe. We're a diverse network of
people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future.
Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of
technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we
are moving the world forward - and you can too. Dream it. Build it.
Do it here. What you'll be doing... The Network Security Engineer
will be primarily responsible for overseeing the log management and
Nessus vulnerability scanning, but also understand the network's
make-up in order to better protect it. As a Principal Security
Engineer you will lead medium sized projects, guiding the team
through the requirements to successfully implement the necessary
security requirements to meet Verizon and/or its contractual
- Responsible for the implementation and oversight of the
department's security tool support across multiple complex and
- Work with customers, project managers, and network engineering
teams to gather requirements that are used to design and deliver
- Performs technical improvements within the managed services
tools to deliver world class customer service.
- Creation and maintenance of documentation to include Use Cases,
SOPs, MOPs as well as incident management reports.
- Author security related policies. Research and formulate
templates, rules, alerts, dashboards and business flows.
- Mentor other SOC Engineers and provide training to less
experienced security engineers primarily regarding, but not limited
to, the ArcSight and Nessus platforms.
- Manage multiple medium sized projects on a daily basis.
- Interact with other staff and customers effectively, in person,
writing, VTC and/or by phone.
- Install, configure, and technically administer ArcSight and
Nessus product components.
- Use the ArcSight SIEM for real-time alerting into our existing
Network Management System.
- Develop Use Cases on the ArcSight platforms that address the
latest security scenarios, threats, and regulatory compliance
- Quickly identify sources of security breaches and move them
- Conduct live analysis on networks and across multiple
- Utilize compliance and vulnerability assessment tools like
Nessus to analyze products for configuration and patch
- Work closely with other departments to mitigate security events
by providing the needed analysis and leadership, to bolster
Verizon's ability to identify intrusion detection/mitigationWhere
you'll be working...In this worksite-based role, you'll work onsite
at a defined location, Ashburn, VA. What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with Network Security, Security Analysis and/or
- Ability to pass an extensive background investigation as a
condition of employment.
- Willingness to travel up to 25 percent as a condition of
employment.Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Eight or more years of hands-on experience in Network Security,
Security Analysis and/or Incident Response.
- Experience using ArcSight ESM and/or Nessus vulnerability
- In-Depth knowledge of Linux
- Hands on experience in installing, deploying, documenting, and
troubleshooting network perimeter security technologies such as
firewalls, intrusion prevention/detection (IDS/IPS), security
- Knowledge of security compliance policy, Risk Management
frameworks and SLA's.
- Knowledge of Cyber Security and Information Protection and
- Strong networking background combined with strong security
- Ability to automate tasks through the use of scripting tools in
multiple languages such as Perl, Java and Python.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Security related certifications such as CISSP, SSCP, CCFP
and/or CEH or equivalent.
- Other relevant certifications such as CCNP, CCNA and/or
SANS.22CyberOPS Equal Employment Opportunity We're proud to be an
equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees'
differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and
Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us
stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive
environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of
belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and
empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check
out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more. COVID-19
Vaccination RequirementVerizon requires new hires to be fully
vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable
accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for
medical or religious reasons).
Internal ID: 565975PandoLogic. Keywords: Network Security Engineer,
Location: Sterling, VA - 20167
Keywords: Verizon, Sterling , Network Security Engineer Log Management - Ashburn VA, Engineering , Sterling, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!