Seasonal Youth Tennis Coach
Company: USTA/Mid-Atlantic Section Inc.
Posted on: May 9, 2022
Job DescriptionSeasonal Youth Tennis Coaches Needed for Girls
Rule the Court Program in Loudoun County VAAbout UsThe USTA
Mid-Atlantic Section, one of 17 sections of the United States
Tennis Association, is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization that
serves around 32,000 members in the District of Columbia, Maryland,
Virginia, and eastern and southern West Virginia. USTA Mid-Atlantic
Section is committed to offering quality recreational and
competitive programs for people of all ages and abilities. We aim
to grow tennis in the Mid-Atlantic by creating accessible and
inclusive opportunities that enrich ALL lives –physically,
emotionally, and socially – by connecting all generations with the
lifetime sport of tennis. Our vision is tennis for EVERY community.
MissionUSTA/Mid-Atlantic Section is seeking Seasonal Youth Tennis
Coaches to assist in our efforts to launch new youth Girls Rule the
Court programming to maximize our impact on girls in underserved
communities. The primary focus of this position is to coach and
facilitate the on-site delivery of the Girls Rule the Court
program. This program is designed to promote health, wellness, and
build self-esteem through tennis. Coaches will need to ensure that
proper safety guidelines and standards are maintained while
providing a fun experience in addition to facilitating social
emotional learning principles by following a weekly curriculum with
themes such as teamwork, confidence, empowerment, and leadership.
Coaches need to have proficiency in basic tennis skills and be
comfortable teaching those skills to youth, in particular ages
7-13. All equipment and training needed is provided by USTA
Mid-Atlantic.These programs are four (4) weeks in length per
season, with participants meeting two (2) times a week after school
for a total of eight (8) weekday sessions. Each session will last
two (2) hours with one (1) hour of tennis instruction and one (1)
hour of conversations focused on growing core social emotional
learning. Based on the final program site location length and
frequency of sessions may be modified. The Loudoun County program
launches May 17th, 2022.Responsibilities
- Coach and facilitate the onsite delivery of the Girls Rule the
Court Program to include:
- Engage children in group play and social emotional learning
instruction using the provided curriculum.
- Ensure participant safety at all times.
- Track attendance for each program session.
- Distribute and collect participant forms and surveys as
- Complete coach trainings and paperwork as assigned.
- Maintaining inventory of supplies and equipment needed for each
- Ensures all supplies and equipment are maintained properly,
assuming normal wear and tear.
- Ensures equipment and giveaways are distributed to participants
- Serve as liaison between consumer and supervisor.Requirements -
What are we looking for?
- Coaches should enjoy working with children in a group
- Experience coaching, teaching, mentoring or working with girls
- Experience promoting health, wellness, and building self-esteem
in girls through social emotional learning principles strongly
- Excellent organizational, communication skills, and ability to
- High school diploma or GED.
- Ability to perform the physical requirements of the
- Dependable transportation to travel to sites and with space to
- Must be able work in one of the Baltimore MD, Loudoun County
VA, Charlottesville VA, or Louisa County VA geographical
- Must pass a background check and be eligible to work in the
- Must attend trainings and courses as assigned.
- Previous tennis experience required for head coach and
encouraged for assistant coaches.
- Full vaccination against COVID-19 required as a condition of
employment. Reasonable accommodations will be considered based on
qualifying exemptions.If this is a role that interests you, please
apply. We look forward to learning more about you and the unique
experiences you would bring to this role. Seasonal Youth Tennis
Coach Position FAQs● How many hours does this position work? The
program will equate to approximately 20 hours per season with
additional hours required for training and onboarding. You are
expected to commit to a full program season. ● How much does this
position pay? Position is non-exempt and paid between $25.00 -
$35.00 per hour. Compensation is commensurate with related tennis
experience. Both Assistant and Head Coach positions are available.
Candidates will be placed into one of these positions based on
experience level. Coaches are compensated for all hours worked
before and after a scheduled program time. Administrative &
training rate is $16.10 per hour.● What is USTA/Mid-Atlantic
Sections' approach to a diverse and equitable workforce? We strive
to create a workplace where everyone feels empowered to bring their
full authentic selves to work and where everyone's voice is heard.
You can read our diversity statement below, but we want to take it
a step further because creating a diverse and equitable workforce
and workplace culture goes beyond a diversity statement in a job
posting. We will continue the journey to educate, foster,
cultivate, and preserve a culture of diversity, equity, and
inclusion within the organization and beyond. USTA/MAS Diversity
StatementWe are committed to a diverse, equitable and inclusive
workplace in which everyone is welcomed, valued, and supported.
USTA/Mid-Atlantic Section Inc. recruits, employs, compensates, and
promotes without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age,
physical or mental disability, genetic or family medical history,
marital, parental, veteran, or military status, political
affiliation, or any other status protected by applicable federal,
state, or local law. ● What does the hiring process consist of? The
first step is to apply!
- Apply - We will be accepting applications on a continual basis
as we have programs for all seasons.
- Interviews - will be conducted by the School Program
- References - will be checked by HR. We will check the most
recent professional references.
- Final offer - will be made in writing by HR.Powered by
Keywords: USTA/Mid-Atlantic Section Inc., Sterling , Seasonal Youth Tennis Coach, Education / Teaching , Sterling, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!