Company: National Rural Utilities Cooperative Finance Corpo
Posted on: August 3, 2022
Join a member-driven leader in a fast-paced, challenging and
collaborative environment with the shared mission of supporting
America's network of rural electric cooperatives. Since its
formation in 1969, National Rural Utilities Cooperative Finance
Corporation, or CFC, located in Dulles, Virginia, has provided
capital and industry-leading financial products to more than 900
not-for-profit, consumer-controlled utility systems across the
United States. Our exceptional team delivers the "CFC Difference"
that encompasses our values of service, integrity and excellence in
all our interactions.
CFC has a need for a Copywriter/Editor who will work closely with
internal stakeholders to create and edit content that informs
members and showcases CFC while ensuring the organization's voice
and editorial style as well as best practices are reflected.
As a Copywriter/Editor, you will:
* Communicate with internal stakeholders to create, proofread and
edit content, ensuring accuracy and adherence to corporate and AP
* Provide detailed-oriented review of editorial materials ranging
from marketing materials to training guides to news articles.
* Write content to engage defined audiences with informative,
compelling, educational and/or entertaining copy while consistently
reflecting the brand voice of the company in writing style.
* Write speeches, refine scripts and develop presentations for
* Interview stakeholders to create engaging digital content for
various communication channels and platforms.
* Keep abreast of trends in content and style reflected on various
online and social media channels.
* Participate in approval processes for mass communications to
members and digital content.
* Utilize familiarity with the organization's mission to inspire
ideas and content.
To be successful, you will need:
* Bachelor's degree in journalism, English, communications or
* Three years of experience writing and editing in a corporate
* Experience working in the electric cooperative industry a
* Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, social media platforms and
other digital communications and content management systems.
* Impeccable grasp of the English language.
* Mastery of superior spelling, grammar and punctuation along with
ability to make constructive suggestions.
* Ability to translate technical information into lay language.
* Proficiency with applying the principles of AP Style to different
types of writing.
* Ability to tailor messaging and speaker voice for senior
leadership speeches and presentations.
* Proven record of excellent writing or editing demonstrated in a
* Strong interpersonal skills and willingness to communicate with
internal stakeholders, colleagues and senior management.
* Thorough knowledge of social media platforms and various forms of
digital communication, including podcasts, marketing e-mails,
newsletters and websites.
* Willingness to collaborate with a creative team of subject matter
experts, graphic designers and others.
* Basic knowledge of legal issues involved in publishing, such as
libel and plagiarism.
* Proficiency with computers, especially with programs such as
Microsoft Word, SharePoint, Teams, Outlook and PowerPoint.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes tele-work
options; annual incentive opportunities; an employer-paid pension
plan; 401(k); medical, dental and vision insurance; a generous
leave policy; onsite gym; and more-all in a friendly, professional
work environment. For additional information, please visit our
website at www.nrucfc.coop. CFC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
committed to workforce diversity.
Keywords: National Rural Utilities Cooperative Finance Corpo, Sterling , Copywriter/Editor, Advertising , Sterling, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!