Company: Aston Carter
Posted on: November 10, 2018
The client is looking for someone comfortable also taking on tasks outside of accounting and helping out wherever needed.They will be responsible for many different tasks in project accounting including - project financial status reports, monitoring cash flow, and budgeting. In addition, this person will be responsible for quarterly presentations to CFO and CEO on financial projections. They use an accounting software called Viewpoint (not a requirement). The company has a national presence and is a billion in revenue as a whole. This person will be in charge of the east coast projects which ranges from 50-100 million in revenue. This is a great opportunity for growth.Responsibilities:
- Support Construction Operations Decisions with Accurate Financial Data
- Assist project managers with project cost projections and reconciliations through project cost reports.
- Support executive project financial status review through Project Financial Status Reports (PFSR).
- Ensure Compliance with Company Risk Management Practices
- Collect and track signed contracts, builder's risk insurance policies, and trade contractor insurance, waivers, sworn statements, bonds, notice of furnishings.
- Maintain accurate and detailed project financial records including client, trade contractor, and project information files, to a quality-level expected by auditors.
- Serve as a Personal Point-of-Contact with Trade Contractors
- Provide orientation conversations for trade contractors when needed
- Answer questions and provide information regarding payments and contract compliance.
- Process Project Financial Transactions
- Manage and process all financial transactions performed in the normal course of a construction project between The client, the project Owner, and trade contractors using Viewpoint (database system).
- Project start-up - Load project budgets, issue subcontracts, and perform all other activities required to appropriately structure accounting systems for the project type.
- Owner invoices - Reconcile job costs, load schedule of values, billing rates, and other information needed to support the contractual invoicing procedure and company risk management and accounting standards.
- Trade contractor invoices - Reconcile trade contractor invoices, batch, cut and post trade contractor payments, and print checks.
- Project changes - Manage and process all financial transactions generated by changes to the original project contract and scope (owner change orders and trade contractor change orders).
- Project close-out - Manage final billing adjustments, subcontract finalization, archiving, and other processes that confirm complete execution of the project contract.
- Contribute to Corporate Financial Accounting
- Each member of the project accounting team has an opportunity and responsibility to contribute to corporate financial accounting systems.
- Depending on background and capabilities, these contributions may include supporting tasks or system responsibility related to: bank reconciliations, cash receipts, property management, payroll administration, trade contractor evaluations, joint venture financial statements, insurance audits, sales and use tax audits, accounting and project management software enhancements, etc.About Aston Carter: Aston Carter is a distinguished global provider of recruitment and staffing services to companies requiring highly specialized business professionals. As a Best of Staffing? Client and Talent leader, Aston Carter has an unrivaled commitment to delivering first class service to clients and business professionals across a variety of disciplines, including Accounting and Finance as well as Governance, Risk and Compliance. With more than 60 offices across Europe, Asia Pacific and North America, Aston Carter provides local, regional and global expertise to drive value and meet our customers' unique needs. Aston Carter is a division of Aerotek. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group, a global talent solutions provider.
Keywords: Aston Carter, Sterling , Project Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Sterling, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!