Bookkeeper - Quickbooks Desktop DCAA
Posted on: November 5, 2018
TestPros is a successful and growing business, established in 1988 to provide Information Technology (IT) technical support services to a wide range of Commercial, Federal, State, and Local Government customers. Our projects include Software Testing, Test Automation, Section 508 and WCAG Accessibility Assessment, Localization Testing, Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V), Quality Assurance (QA), Compliance, Cyber Security, NIST SP 800-171 Assessment and Compliance, Computer Forensics, Software Assurance, Program Management, Program Oversight, Process Audit, and Intelligence Analysis. TestPros is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are looking for a career minded professional with solid technical and people skills who shares our passion for results and customer success. In return, we offer competitive compensation packages, challenging and exciting work environments, and opportunities for career growth.
For this position, we are looking for an accounting professional to start immediately, joining a high-performing team to provide bookkeeping, billing, payroll, and related accounting support.
The primary work location is in Sterling, VA.
Responsibilities and Duties
You will be responsible for balancing our QuickBooks Desktop Premier 2018 online accounting records, reviewing time sheets, organizing files, checking and running bi-weekly payroll, submitting hours, invoices, and expense reports, paying monthly invoices, tracking invoiced amounts against contract and task specific NTE limits, and working with our customers to ensure that we get paid on time.
- Daily use of our Quickbooks Desktop (QBD) system, including U.S. Federal Government accounting chart-of-accounts (DCAA approved).
- Process A/P, A/R
- Support day to day payroll activities as needed.
- Process bi-monthly payrolls for employees in multiple states.
- Use analysis skills to solve payroll issues.
- Maintain and update employee payroll changes such as taxes, pay rates, addresses, etc.
- Communicate with managers and employees at the different locations.
- Assist in the process of garnishment and child support orders.
- Employment verifications.
- Establishing and maintaining effective communication and working relationships with work colleagues, officials, and outside agencies.
Qualifications and Skills
- Must be a U.S. Citizen (no exceptions)
- 3+ years of experience with QuickBooks Desktop (QBD) Premier
- 3+ years of experience with Intuit Assisted Payroll and/or Paychex Payroll
- 3+ years of experience with Excel spreadsheets
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to work under pressure, exercising good judgment.
- Ability to handle conflict and resolve uncomfortable situations with clients, customers, peers and direct reports
- Regular attendance in the office is required.
Must be detail-oriented. Must be proficient with using technology to include VPN's, Remote Desktop, Outlook/Excel, secure computing practices, etc. You must also possess an understanding of how Defense and Intelligence rate-buildups work and have a solid understanding of DCAA accounting principles for cost contracts.
- Experience with DCAA audits
- Experience with Gov-Con Connect software
- Experience with electronic timesheets ("Hour Timesheets" is a plus)
- Experience with Paychex payroll system
- Experience with employee benefits administration
Benefits and Perks
TestPros offers competitive salary, medical/dental/vision/disability/life insurance, 3 weeks of paid time off, 2 weeks of paid holidays, education/training and professional certifications, 401(k) retirement plan with up to 4% company match, opportunities for professional growth and much more! All benefits are per TestPros current policies and are subject to change without notice. Benefits are available to full-time employees only.
For more information or to submit your resume, please "Apply Now" or email Careers@TestPros.com
Keywords: TestPros, Sterling , Bookkeeper - Quickbooks Desktop DCAA, Accounting, Auditing , Sterling, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!