B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group is the hospitality
subsidiary of the largest, private real estate and banking concern
located in the Washington, D.C. area. Utilizing time proven
investment principles, quality operations, focused management, and
a true commitment to our team members, the organization has built a
positive history of success that spans over 125+ years.
The Hospitality Group operates a portfolio of business class hotels
that are branded under agreements with Intercontinental Hotel
Groups, Marriott International, Leading Hotels of the World, Best
Western Hotels & Resorts and Hilton Hotels & Resorts. The
properties are fully owned by the B. F. Saul Organization, and we
employ a team of nearly 1,400 enthusiastic hospitality
This position is responsible for preparing and cooking food items
in accordance with B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group /brand high
quality standards. Provides support to other cooks and enforces
compliance with health regulations. Helps ensure achievement of
overall financial results, guest satisfaction and positive team
- Food Quality and Production: Accountable to ensure highest level
of food quality and production to standards. Responsible for daily
line checks, ongoing audits of consistency and quality, and follow
up as necessary. Recognizes opportunities for improvement, and
implements the necessary changes. Develops standard operating
procedures to maximize quality. Ensures food preparation and
delivery standards are met for banquet events and all outlets
including restaurant, room service, concierge, and a la carte
- Presentation / Menu Changes: Ensures outstanding presentation
through use records and photographs, and monitors that plate set
ups meet the photo-record standards. Knowledge of menu changes, use
records, and photographs.
- Cost Control: Follows B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group
procurement guidelines and applies good business judgment,
controlling food cost while maximizing food and beverage revenue.
Manages and maintains company assets to stay within budget
guidelines and prolong the life of company resources.
- Guest Service: Accountable for guest satisfaction by ensuring
food and beverage standards are met. Identifies and addresses guest
concerns in a timely and efficient manner. Works side by side with
kitchen staff to model appropriate operational standards including
adhering to ticket times while maintaining high food quality.
- Safety/Risk Management: Leads by example with food safety
standards and food storage. Maintain quality food, beverage and
kitchen/restaurant standards per B. F. Saul Company Hospitality
Group, brand, local, state and federal regulations. Ensures a clean
and safe work environment, and follows all B. F. Saul Company
Hospitality Group procedures for guest/team member's incidents.
- Self/Workload Management: Responsible for effective self/workload
management. Demonstrates clear written and verbal communication
skills. Promotes collaboration and positive, professional work
environment. Adheres to all B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group
Standard Operating Procedures.Required Skills and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- College and/or culinary degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of progressive cook or kitchen experience required.
- Must be detail oriented, have the ability to communicate well
with all levels within and outside the organization, and be able to
problem-solve with team members.
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced
- Ability to lift, push, and pull up to 50 pounds on a regular
basis throughout shift.
- Requires ability to work extended hours based on business needs,
with physically demanding responsibilities such as walking,
standing, carrying, and lifting throughout the shift.
- Prefer 2 or more years as a cook in a restaurant or hotel of
similar size and reputation for outstanding service. EEO AA
B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group is proud to be an equal
opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring diverse
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled