Company: Danaher Corporation
Posted on: February 11, 2020
OTT HydroMet delivers valuable insights for experts in water and
weather applications. Proudly formed from seven strong brands: OTT,
Lufft, Kipp & Zonen, SUTRON, ADCON, HYDROLAB and MeteoStar, OTT
HydroMet offers the combined strength and expertise of leaders in
the water quality, quantity, surface weather, solar radiation
measurement and telemetry fields with over 500 years of combined
experience.OTT HydroMet, as part of the Water Platform, is a proud
Danaher company.If you thrive in making a positive impact on the
world in a high-expectations environment where challenging the
status quo and driving continuous improvement is the way of life -
then we are the company for you. We are seeking a Senior Accountant
for our US Hydromet location who is passionate about continuous
process improvement, eager to work in a diverse, global team, and
ready to grow and thrive in a dynamic environment. Make a
difference - join us and contribute to our important work helping
protect lives and the environment.POSITION SUMMARYThis is an
exciting opportunity to join a dynamic, world-class organization
with significant opportunities for personal growth. The critical
overall goals of this position are to ensure proper oversight,
transparency, and accounting over the Companys project business,
assist the US Controller in maintaining revenue recognition
controls and perform general accounting duties as described in more
detail below.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESProject
- Oversee the Companys project accounting to ensure proper
treatment of multiple element arrangements, proper timing and value
of revenue recognition, and proper classification and accounting of
advanced customer receipts (milestone billings).
- Provide visibility and proper accounting controls over project
WIP valuations and project margins. Ensure project leaders have
clear cost targets and visibility to spending against targets.
- Participate in monthly P&L forecast to inform timing and
value of project revenue recognition and margins.
- Manage transactional activity in the local ERP to ensure
projects are properly closed and accounted for in the sub and
- Partner with Sales and Project leaders to influence
negotiations of large contracts, drawing particular attention to
critical rev rec milestones. Advise potential contract
- Participate in the month-end and year-end close processes,
ensuring reported balances comply with requirements under US GAAP
and the Danaher Accounting Policy.
- Particpate in the monthly reconciliation process, ensuring
reconciliations are complete and accurate and properly documented
with electronic audit evidence. Ensure balance sheet risk is
communicated, transparent and minimized.
- Generate daily customer invoices, ensuring revenue is only
recognized in accordance with agreed-upon INCO delivery terms.
- Administer and manage the Companys US Bank credit card
- Maintain the fixed asset sub and general ledgers. Support
capital expenditure proposals by analyzing proposed projects for
NPV, ROI and payback period. Evaluate proposals in light of
business strategy, and recommend go or no-go.
- Support SOX and other internal control processes by enforcing
- Participate in annual balance sheet reviews of OTT and other
Water Quality Group entities.Process Improvement
- Utilize DBS to drive continuous improvement within Finance &
- Participate in business improvement initiatives impacting
margins, DSO, DPO & costs
- Challenge existing processes, systems and reports to drive
improved business performanceCRITICAL COMPETENCIES Charts The
- Utilizes critical thinking to eliminate complexity in our local
processes. Streamlines internal value streams to maximize our
return on time.
- Effectively copes with change and deals with ambiguity present
over extended periods of time.
- Doesnt let perfect get in the way of better unafraid to
innovate and fail, with the ultimate ability to learn from mistakes
to drive process improvement.
- Prioritizes quickly to focus on the critical few to drive
- Willing and able to move out of ones comfort zone and not
afraid of standing alone.
- Does not accept that the long-standing way of doing business is
the only way.QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelors degree or international equivalent in accounting is
- Minimum of 2 years experience in project accounting (POC and/or
Completed Contract) required.
- A Minimum of 2 years experience in an international matrix
organization is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with SOX controls are strongly
- CPA or CMA is strongly preferred. Audit background is strongly
- Minimum 2 years experience with AR and/or AP is a plus.
- Experience in a changing/fast-growing environment is a
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel is a plus.
- Experience with BAAN, Infor-LN, HFM, LucaNet, or similar
software is a plus.
- Experience with BlackLine is a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are a
plus.Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal
opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without
regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital
status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The EEO is the
Law poster is available here.
Keywords: Danaher Corporation, Sterling , Senior Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Sterling, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!